Chapter Eight

A/N I can't quite grasp the concept of almost being done with school, so currently it's 2 pm, and I haven't moved from my bed. Life is great.

Louis doesn't know if he expected it to be awkward - he doesn't want it to be - but he figured that at least something would have changed between him and Harry since the kiss. Nothing has though, and Louis is still met by a death glare when he shows up to the airport an hour before departure on Friday evening, Harry and his manager already there for a final briefing.

They're flying first class - The Diva Harry's demand - so the suite they're waiting in is quite luxurious and Louis definitely takes advantages of the unlimited drinks and snacks along with more and more information being poured over him and Harry about the upcoming trip, as Harry's manager isn't actually coming with them.

Finally, it's time to board, and Louis tries his best not to roll his eyes dramatically, as most of the information is repeated by a hectic manager acting like a mother hen who is leaving her kids for the first time.

They board the plane in silence, a sligth evening darkness already surrounding the plane, even though it's barely 8 pm, and Louis can't help but revel in the luxurious surroundings, as a neatly dressed stewardess leads them to their seats.

Honestly, Louis has no idea how his life came to first class flights with leg room he doesn't even need, free drinks, warm towels, and a fake boyfriend - his childhood crush at that; Though it's a crush that turned out to be wildly misplaced when he actually met the rude model in real life. Still, the rest of it is nice, and Louis settles into the plush seat with a content sigh.

Within fifteen minutes, the flight is ready for takeoff, and as soon as the safety instructions are done, Louis shuffles for his phone and earbuds, ready to relax for the next hour. He is carefully averting his eyes from Harry, not in the mood to start another fight or sassy exchange, as he is mostly just tired, and a bit confused about whatever is going on between the two of them.

Harry, however, does not seem to share this point of view, and Louis can see him shuffling around out of the corner of his eye, the model turning towards him. "It's funny how-", Harry begins, but Louis isn't having Harry's need for conflict and annoying, self-centered behavior right now.

"I'm just going to stop you right there, princess", Louis says with his hand held up, and he carefully uses his free hand to slowly place the earbuds in his ears with a smirk, relishing in Harry's offended expression, before he closes his eyes, every intention of toning out Harry in order to sleep.

They don't say anything else for the rest of the trip, but much to Louis' annoyance, he doesn't seem to be able to sleep or even relax, and he ends up just listening to a mixture of Guns 'N Roses, Hozier and maybe a bit of Ed Sheeran, eyes closed and thoughts running wild, somehow always circling back to the man sitting next to him, no matter how much he tries to divert them.

Louis isn't going to admit that he enjoys their bickering though. Or that he can't distract himself front the thought of Harry's soft lips on his, their tongues and bodies fitting together a little too well.

***

When the plane lands, Harry is fast asleep, and it annoys Louis quite a lot that even in his sleep, the model manages to look attractive. Like, who sleeps with their mouths closed?!

There's a car waiting for them, and they only have carry-ons so they can leave the airport immediately. The driver doesn't even need directions, just takes them through the city, and Louis spends the ride staring out on streetlights and skyscrapers, truly seeing the beauty of living in a huge city like this where you can easily disappear among people.