Chapter Eighteen

A/N A huge thanks to everybody reading, voting, and commenting! It is amazing and it makes me so happy. Also, my other story reached 14k!! What even?!

Louis isn't even surprised when he is called for a meeting with Harry's manager the second he steps into work on Tuesday morning, considering the articles he woke up to after Harry and his errand 'date' yesterday.

He didn't read any of them or view the cascades of pictures, but Louis very well knows it isn't something Harry's manager will be fond of, just by scanning headlines on Twitter.

The Celebrity Spot: Trouble in paradise? Harry Styles and boyfriend spotted by fans looking awkward.

Gossip Weekly: See the pictures that has started conversation about the state of Harry Styles' relationship!

ALL INCLUSIVE: Rumors and pictures! How is Harry Styles' relationship going?

The News Flash: Harry Styles sparking conversation; How is his relationship going?

The Daily Update: Another bad fan encounter or a bad relationship? New - and tense - pictures of Harry Styles with alleged 'boyfriend'.

After that Louis turned off his phone and completed his morning routine in a zombie-like state, barely haven gotten any sleep at night, constant worry, anger, and sadness effectively keeping him away from much-needed rest.

Zayn once again drove them to work, trying his best to cheer up Louis a bit, but to no avail, Louis having retreated a bit into himself, contemplating how to make Harry forgive him and coming up empty-handed.

***

Louis is currently situated in a big chair within an empty meeting room where he was directed by the receptionist whose eyes screamed 'Oh boy am I glad I'm not in your shoes right now', which isn't exactly calming when you very well know you're in deep water already.

Louis is pretty impatient, rather wanting to get the whole thing over with instead of his present state of spinning around in circles in a chair and worrying about the worst thing that could possibly come from this meeting. He knows already that he is in trouble, but Louis is slightly terrified that Harry's manager might call off their fake relationship, and in no way does he want that, as it is currently his only excuse to see Harry despite the model being mad at him.

Louis feels as if he has been waiting forever when the door finally springs open, and he quickly stops spinning in his chair, sitting up straight. Harry's manager walks in first, closely followed by a tired-looking Harry. Louis kind of wants to hug him and cuddle him close, because Harry looks like he needs it, but it isn't his place anymore. Might never be again.

Harry's manager points the model to a chair next to Louis and then walks around the table to sit across them. For a minute, a heavy silence fills the room, Louis anxiously glancing at Harry once in a while, his hands sweaty and fingers twitching.

Finally, the silence is broken by a sigh from Harry's manager along with the smack of a stack of papers hitting the table. "Do you not realize that you are paid to look like a couple, or do you just not care?" It feels a bit like a rhetorical question, so neither Harry nor Louis replies, and he continues talking.

"If this is not better within a week, you're fired", he says, pointing towards Louis. Along with the pointing finger, Louis can feel Harry's eyes on him, but he doesn't dare look up and meet them, scared that Harry will seem pleased with this revelation. An easy out.

Harry's manager continues, this time pushing the pictures across the table so Harry and Louis can see them properly. And alright, they're not good. In one of them Louis is hunched over, a horribly awkward and obviously fake smile across his face and even though he and Harry are holding hands, the picture oozes uncomfortable tension.