Chapter 2

It was a calm night as a huge full moon shone above Durdam Lane. Everything was silent and everyone was indoors asleep all expect for Matt who was sneaking through the shadows. Matt was like a thief in the night, swiftly moving from place to place while avoiding areas where him might be seen. Matt stops sneaking as soon as he reaches the park where he sets up a small camp. "Alright, we've made it. Now let's have a look at our equipment" said Matt quietly. Matt takes off a backpack and drops whatsoever was in out. There was a small backup flashlight in case if the one he was using were to die, a pair of night vision goggles, a mini radar, a large butterfly net, and a...grilled cheese sandwich that was in a plastic bag along with a juice box and a pack of fruit snacks.

"I wasn't sure on how long I would be out here, but it's always best to come with something to eat. Now, let's find a place to hide" said Matt. By using the flashlight, Matt looks around to see if he can find a place to hide till he finds something. "Ah perfect, a trash can. Nobody will suspect a thing if I were to hide in there" said Matt. Matt goes over to the trash can and hides in it. Unironically, the trash can has a sigh on it that says "A convenient looking trash can. Nobody is hiding in it so don't bother on checking it". Matt lifts up the lid a bit so he can see out of it before looking at the mini radar.

"This radar should me when something comes up on it and hopefully I will capture it with the net" said Matt. The radar suddenly picks up something as Matt readies himself. Once whatever was approaching his hiding spot, Matt pounces and catches the thing. "Aha! I got you! Now to see who the culprit is" said Matt. Matt gets out of the trash can and lifts up the night only to see a small brown bunny with a red bowtie that was holding a basket filled with eggs. The bunny was squirming in the net till it looked at surprised face of Matt with fear in its eyes.

"We're you the one that was...no, it can't. Are you....the Easter Bunny?" asked Matt. The Easter Bunny gives off a small smile as it nods. "Oh my god! I am so sorry! I thought you were someone else at first. Were you out here four days ago hiding eggs?" asked Matt. The Easter Bunny nods again. "I hate to say this, but there was something out here stealing the eggs as soon as you were done hiding them. Eh...so how many did you hide?" asked Matt. The Easter Bunny lifts up a hand as it gives off three fingers indicating that three eggs have been placed.

"Really that many? Say, since we've cleared this up, care to join me to confront whoever's been stealing eggs?" asked Matt. The Easter Bunny thinks about it for awhile before agreeing by giving a thumbs up. Matt smiles before putting the net down as he helps get the Easter Bunny out. "Ok, let's do this. Mind showing me one of the locations of the eggs that you hid?" asked Matt. The Easter Bunny smiles before leading Matt the way as they came to a small pound. Once stopping there, the Easter Bunny points to a rock where an egg was at. They were about to go over there till they were suddenly stopped in their tracks as something made the bushes shook.

Matt and the Easter Bunny took cover behind a tree as they watched something emerged from the bushes which made them look in fear. Out of the bushes came a large white bunny that had green glowing eyes, sharp teeth, spikes running down its back, and a long tail. The monster bunny sniffed its surroundings till it eyed the egg in the ground before grabbing it with one of its paws. The monster bunny sniffs the eggs before chomping down on it. Luckily the monster bunny hasn't noticed Matt and the Easter Bunny's presence as Matt lets out a sigh of relief. However, it didn't last long the monster bunny sniffed its surroundings again, seemly picking up something.

Matt closes his eyes, praying that it didn't catch his scent and luckily, his prays were heard as the monster bunny left the area. Matt and the Easrer Bunny cautiously moved from their hiding place as they slowly followed the monster bunny till they came across a lone park ranger standing underneath a park night lamp, armed with a flashlight and a pistol. Matt and the Easter Bunny take cover behind another tree as they watch the park ranger looking around his surroundings. The park ranger didn't find anything unusual and was about to take a break till he jumped at the sounds of heavy breathing. The ranger slowly turns around to see a pair of green glowing staring at him from afar. With his flashlight, the ranger shines a light onto the mysterious cresture which revealed the monster bunny from before.