Chapter 3

A/N: I apologize for not updating this last month. June was kinda of a not so great month when it came to writing

_____________________________________________________________________

With Matt staying behind, Edd and Tom go outside armed with brooms. It was still pitch black outside and the fog from before seemed to have grew intense. So intense that it made them a little bit uneasy. "Let's just get this over with so we can go back inside" said Edd. "Right. ....I don't recall the night forecast to be this foggy" said Tom. "Neither did I. Anyway, let's go beat some raccoons" said Edd.

Tom nods in agreement as he stays close to Edd as he leads them through the backyard. The fog only gets more intense as the two grew even more uneasy. It didn't help when noises could be heard all throughout the backyard which made them spooked. "Wh-What was that?" asked Tom. "That was just a twig" said Edd. The two continued moving forward till they suddenly stopped again once they've heard another noise. "What was that?" asked Tom. "That was an owl" said Edd.

The two kept going till another noise stops them in their tracks. "Where is that sound coming from? It's really bothering me" said Edd. "That was just my teeth chattering in fear" said Tom. "Really? Let me see" said Edd. Tom shows his teeth and surprisingly there were actually chattering out of fear. "Ok...I think I've seen enough. ...L...Let's beat some raccoons already" said Edd nervously. Tom only nods as he was too scared to talk. The sounds of glass bottles shattering can be heard from the direction that Edd and Tom were walking to as they slowly approach whatever was going through their trash. They got closer till their eyes widen in shock at the sight of the same very monster that Matt was talking about. The monster doesn't look in their direction as it was distracted by the trash which was relief to them.

"Tom" whispered Edd. "Yeah, Edd?" whispered Tom. "I think that this is the same monster that Matt was referring to" whispered Edd. "Really? What makes you think that?" whispered Tom. Edd doesn't get the chance to respond as the monster notices them as it turns to face them as it bared its sharp teeth at them. Before Edd and Tom could make any sudden movements, the monster lets out an loud, angry roar at them as the two screamed as Tom quickly hides behind Edd.

"AHH! Edd! Protect me!" said Tom. "I can't Tom" said Edd. "You can't!? You do you mean you can't!?" asked Tom. "It's because I'm already by the back door" said Edd. "Wait, what?" asked Tom sounding a bit confused by this. Tom looks up to see Edd wasn't there before looking behind him to see Edd who was standing in the door frame of the back door. Tom looked ready to swear but he gets interrupted by the realization that he was facing the monster alone as Tom looks back at the monster with a nervous laugh. The monster only responds to this by roaring which made Tom bolt in fear.

"Edd, wait! Wait for me!" screamed Tom. Thanks to having a head start, Tom was able to run all way back into the house as Edd quickly shuts the door. Without any hesitation, the two begin to barricade the door by using different methods of locks and heavy furniture. A few minutes later, the two finished as they were catching their breath. "I think...I think we should be safe" said Edd. "Yeah, I hope we are. Just exactly was that thing anyway?" asked Tom. "I don't even want to know. It was huge and scary just what Matt described" said Edd. "Oh god...." said Tom. "We need Matt's help on this" said Edd. "Help on what? To run away and hope it doesn't kill us?" asked Tom. "No, I was hoping to get more information on it" said Edd. "Oh, I see" said Tom.

[Meanwhile]