Chapter Six: Friday (part 1)

This is a copy and paste from my Fanfic from FanFiction.Net. A better experience is on there. Everything below is a copy and paste.

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙴:

Okay, enough about my OC, let's focus on everyone evenly this chapter, especially Jake. And yes, there will be more mature themes as promised. Enjoy!

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼

It was Friday, the day Jake had to turn in his English homework he's been working hard on; it was also a day before he could see Rose again.

The boy tossed and turned happily in his bed. He hugged his sheets, fast asleep with a content smile on his face. It was 4AM and still had much more sleep to spend until his phone rang. All good things must come to an end.

He groaned, facing away from the nightstand where his phone vibrated. He finally fluttered his eyes open, squinting to see. The moon was still out and shining in his face. Jake rolled over and felt the warmth of his blankets leave him when he stuck out his hand to reach his cellphone.

"Hello?" he croaked.

"Jake? You're awake!"

He asked, "Spud?"

"Yeah, uh, I-I need your help, man. I'm freaking out!" Spud bit his nails on the other end.

Jake stood up, alert and concerned for his friend. "What's up?"

Spud rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet. He spoke quickly, "I did a bad thing that felt good so maybe it was a good thing but the person I did it with might make it a bad thing and maybe I ruined everything but I don't kn-"

"Spud!" Jake whisper-shouted, not wanting to wake up his family. "Slow. Down."

"Sorry," he sighed. Spud began to explain the other night. All Jake could do was sit in his bed speechless; eyes getting wider each sentence his friend Spoke. "Jake?" Spud asked to make sure he didn't lose connection or something.

He stated, "I'm . . . I'm still here."

"Oh, good." It was silent once again. "You gonna say anything?"

Jake slid his free hand down his face. "I don't know if you'll like what I have to say," he muffled beneath his palm.

"Tell me. I can handle it."

Jake inhaled. He whispered as loud as a whisper can get, "You fucked our friend?!"

"Don't say it like that!" Spud winced.

"Fine: you slept with Alicia."

He sighed, "It was a in-the-moment thing, y'know?"

"No, I don't know." Jake got up and began to pace his room. "No offense, but do you even think?"

"I try not to. Unnecessary work for the brain."

"Spud! You gotta think at least sometimes!" He collapsed on his bed. "Please tell me you didn't get her pregnant."

"No no," Spud began, "she has this really cool spell. You see, you take the-"