Chapter Nine: Sunday

This is a copy and paste from my Fanfic from FanFiction.Net. A better experience is on there. Everything below is a copy and paste.

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿

Jake woke up out of his sleep Sunday morning. Light from his window blinded him. He tried to keep his eyes closed but the sunshine dove its way through. He sat up in defeat, slouching while squinting open his eyes.

He didn't remember much last night except going to bed. He looked at the time. It was 7:21, which sucked for him since Jake loves sleeping in on a weekend. He shuffled his feet to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. His eyes were slightly puffy and his face was still flushed. Jake couldn't remember the last time he cried since last night.

He desperately wanted to sleep in but he knew he couldn't fall back asleep that easily. What was there to do to get his mind off things? Everyone was definitely sleeping. Still, he left the house and skateboarded around. He decided to go through Alicia's neighborhood since it was the quietest.

He sat on the sidewalk, surrounded by silence. Birds chirping was the only thing he heard. The cold, fresh air entered his lungs. Across from him was Alicia's house. He felt a bit weird just sitting there, staring at the modern home. But it got him thinking. Maybe there's a love potion to get Rose to like him again? Maybe there was a potion to make him happy at least.

Everything felt like it wasn't real. Almost like a dream. He figured it was his mind adjusting to this shift. Jake sighed, standing up without thinking and walking to Alicia's doorstep. He could hear laughter from the other side. That got him smiling. That meant someone was awake.

Before he could knock the door swung open. It was Trixie. "What're you doing here?" Jake asked.

She told him, "I should be asking you that. I slept over."

Alicia peeked from behind Trixie. "Oh, Jake! Wasn't expecting you."

"Yeah, it's pretty early," Jake admitted, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Exactly," Trixie agreed, "I don't know why you can't wake up early for school, though."

Jake rolled his eyes. "I'm surprised you two are awake. I thought girls don't wake up early on sleepovers since you usually stay up all night."

"Oh no, we do," Alicia corrected. "We just haven't went to bed yet."

"You didn't sleep?!"

Alicia and Trixie laughed. Jake didn't see what was so funny but he shrugged it off. When they finished laughing Trixie asked, "Aren't you supposed to be with Rose? Or are you here for another potion?"

When she said her name he felt like he had a tight knot in replacement for a heart. He couldn't help but fail to hide his sad expression. "She left early last night. Family issues," was all he said.

Trixie's expression soften. "Jakey, I'm sorry to hear that."

Alicia felt bad, too. Still, she sensed that wasn't all that happened. "You can hang out with us!"

Jake plastered a fake smile. "No, I don't wanna interrupt your girl time-"

Trixie grabbed his wrist. "We've had a whole night and morning of that." She pulled him in the house and shut the door.

Alicia beamed, "Let's give him a makeover!" She zoomed up the stairs and shortly returned with many floating objects surrounding her. Makeup brushes, blush, highlight, eyeliner, and more. Trixie and Jake stood in astonishment, staring at the items flying in the air from their friend's magic.