Chapter Seven: Friday (part 2)

This is a copy and paste from my Fanfic from FanFiction.Net. A better experience is on there. Everything below is a copy and paste.

𝙰𝚄𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚁'𝚂 𝙽𝙾𝚃𝙴

Hii, long time no see. This one took awhile and it's not even long. Summer's around the corner, so I doubt it'll ever take me this long to write again (even though it was just a few weeks)

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽

Jake finally made it to his house when he opened the door to see his sister collapsed on the ground. His father, mother, grandfather, and Fu Dog were surrounding her, looking panicked. Naturally, Jake instantly grew panicked as well.

"What happened?" he asked.

"She's caught dragon fever," Lao Shi explained. "I don't think you've ever had it, Jake. But your sister unfortunately has it. It's very high."

Jake knelt down in front of his sister and leaned over to feel her forehead. She was burning up. Literally. It stung. "What can we do?"

"There's special medicine but I've run out. Oh, and the trip is so long." His grandfather massaged his own temples in deep thought.

"I'll get it!" Jake told him.

He looked up at his grandson. "Can you manage on your own? It's a day at least."

Jake gulped. "A day?"

"Yes. Two if you take your time."

He thought about Rose standing at the airport all alone. In his mind she looked lost, frantically looking around as people passed her by without helping. "I'll still go. For Haley."

His dad patted his back. "That's my boy."

"One thing, though. Please pick up Rose at the airport at 7. She's coming to see me."

His mother clasped her hands together cheerfully. "That's wonderful, I'll make sure to pick her up right on time."

Jake smiled at ease; glad to have a family like his, as chaotic as they are.

Before he left, Lao Shi made sure to give him a few items and of course his mom packed his some snacks, which Jake thought was cute. Just like that, he was off. Deep down he could not wait to get back home to Rose. That and his sister's health made him fly at 100%.

Jake's three best friends made it home safely. The sun was already making its way down, leaving behind an orange hue in the sky and on Trixie's face. Her brown skin and eyes glowed as she walked home alone. Her headphones were in, softly playing hip hop.

She walked to the beat of the music and hummed along all the way home. The door was already open. Trixie hoped it wasn't her grandmother forgetting things again.

She walked in the house and threw her backpack to the side. "Grandma, you forgot to close-" her voice went from a yell to dead silence. There stood her mom in the living room with her arms crossed. "Mom?" Trixie asked in disbelief.

She nagged, "Is this what you do? Throw your bag on the floor like that?" Yup. That was definitely her mother. Dorothy Carter.