Moral Compass

Trigger Warning⚠️
Mentions of blood, murder, and Piquerism

Piquerism: A sexual interest in stabbing, sticking, or otherwise penetrating the skin with sharp objects

This concept may be hard for some of you to read as it's not conventional nor should it ever be. This is simply fantasy writing and should not be taken outside of words on a page
...

"Sabrina!" Ebony called up the flight of hardwood stairs, a laundry basket held up by her hip.

"What?" The blonde came strolling to the top of the stairs as she huffed loudly.

"Please, take your things out of the dryer when they're done." Ebony held out the basket full of the woman's clothing.

They shared an apartment in the middle of Creed Hill after graduating college together. Ebony wouldn't say they were good friends, but enough for them to feel comfortable moving in with one another.

"Sorry." Sabrina smiled before softly taking the basket from her hands and retreating back to her room.

Ebony once more positioned herself on the living room couch before turning on the 6 o'clock news. It was a habit she'd inherited from living with her grandmother for so long. Now that the woman was dead, Ebony took up many of her habits.

"And our top story this evening: another dismembered figure was found in the Saint Snow woods yesterday morning. Authorities have not released any details about the victim." Ebony felt a chill run down her spine.

The city had been plagued with a serial killer who seemed to have a thing for cutting up bodies. Ebony wrote it off at first, assuming they'd only find one body, but nearly a year later the killer still ran rampant through the city.

What started off as one man found in a dumpster was now nearly 47 men- all dismembered and disposed of publicly. Ebony was surprised they hadn't found anything on the killer yet considering how unashamed the murders seemed to be.

Just as the news anchor began laying out the facts of the case, the shrill ringing of a cellphone began. Ebony moved her pile of towels to find the small smartphone before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"Open the door." The call dropped but the familiar gruff voice caused her to roll her eyes.

Standing, she approached the door before looking through the peephole. The darkness let her know Samael put his finger over it.

Ebony self consciously fixed her dinner stained t-shirt before pulling open the door. The chain door lock stopped him from pushing the door completely open.

"Kitchen's closed." Ebony mumbled as she took in his appearance.

Per usual, he looked disheveled. His hair hung haphazardly around his face, there was a scratch above his eyebrow, and his clothing looked like he'd been rolling in dirt.

This wasn't new for them. He'd usually come over unannounced, his appearance always disheveled or chaotic in some fashion, and eat through half of whatever she'd made for the day. Ebony couldn't remember how they'd met but his drab appearance did something to her.

"Open." He spoke lowly, his eyes flickering behind her. Ebony noticed he was always hyper aware of his surroundings, his eyes always darting across the room.

"I didn't make anything," she lied, "sorry."

Instead of speaking, he simply stared at her. The cold eyes sent chills down her spine and her stomach turned. Something about Samael was unsettling yet Ebony couldn't help being enthralled with the man.