Preternatural

Unedited as hell :)

Lotus Kennedy
32

Troza Ixzaka4 Megaannum ~~~

Troza Ixzaka
4 Megaannum
~~~

"Captain says we'll be descending soon. This is humanities greatest discovery, let's act like it." Their co-pilot warned as he eyed the small crew.

Lotus was the payload specialist on the shuttle, meaning she handled highly complex or classified equipment in order to conduct experiments in space. As she eyed her 12 cabin members, she could only realize the true gravity of this moment.

NASA had discovered a planet with conditions identical to those of earth. This expedition would be used to collect final samples, document possible life forms, and establish a complete scale of livability. They would be aboard the planet for 3 year, a projected earthly time of 6 months and 12 days.

Lotus was handpicked by their commander and she still recalls the way her mother fainted after seeing the notice. Since she was 8, Lotus knew she'd be an astronaut. To actually live her dream was an indescribable reality she thanked God for every day and night.

"Kennedy!" The booming voice shook her from her daydreaming. "Strap in."

Taking her seat, she proceeded through the process before double checking the equipment. The shuttle shook tremendously as they defended and Lotus closed her eyes against the force. The headset chimed letting her know she needed to put her helmet on now.

Reaching below her seat, she unstrapped it before carefully placing it over her head. Immediately the mechanism locked in place with a seal so tight a hissing met her ears for a moment. As they finally stilled, the straps popped from her chest and she joined her crew in standing in line.

Once briefed on their responsibilities once more, they prepared to leave the shuttle. Prior trips had already established living quarters on the planet as well as security measures from the military. It was a total cooperation from every branch of American diplomacy.