Snowfall

⚠️ Warning ⚠️

This chapter features an age gap

...

Joel Miller(IYKYK)50

Joel Miller
(IYKYK)
50

Joel Miller(IYKYK)50

Natasha Lee
30

"Nice and easy, atta girl." Joel muttered as he maneuvered his big rig around two others into a narrow spot.

The highway was shrouded by fog and darkness- only cut by the bright lights of the large truck stop. He stopped the 40 ton truck just as his trailer made it symmetrical between the two others. The familiar hiss of his truck, followed by the rumble of his idle engine, made him feel at peace.

Joel had been driving semis for the better part of 20 years now. His late teens and 20's were marked by his involvement in the US Navy Seals. After getting discharged with a Purple Heart and Medal of Honor, he turned to trucking like his father had. The lone trips across the country put his mind at ease and helped him through the issues left behind from war.

Shutting down for a 10 hours rest, he prepped his cabin before grabbing his jacket and hopping from the rig. Scattered snow and ice filled the lot but his boots made it easy to head towards the entrance of the Love's truck stop.

Just as he made it inside the first door, snowfall began. "Mornin' partner!"

"Morning." Joel mumbled, nodding in acknowledgement of the young, happy cashier despite it being almost 3am. An ache began to settle in his prosthetic leg as he made his way towards the back to buy more water.

He'd learned long ago it was healthier and cheaper to cook meals in his cabin rather than constantly stopping for to go meals. Once he held the three large gallons in his hands, he made his way back to the register.