Chapter Fifteen

When Trunks and I got back to my house, we were greeted by a pacing Videl.

"Oh, thank god you two are okay!" She exclaimed, running over to us, pulling both of us into a hug. "Gohan! Goku! They're back!" She called to the other side of the house. Videl released us as my brother and father ran into the room.

"Mooney, what happened?" Dad asked, seeing my tears.

"Baby. What's what happened," I said.

"He took over all of West City," Trunks explained, taking my hand. "He was in Marron's body," he added quietly. The three adults gasped.

"Rosa... I'm so sorry," Gohan said, walking forward and pulling me into a hug. I didn't hug him back. I just stood the way I had been.

"It's my fault. All of it," I mumbled.

Gohan pulled away and looked at me. "Rosa, how could you say that? None of this is even close to being your fault."

"Yes it is!" I exploded, pulling away from Gohan and taking my hand back from Trunks. "All of it! Everything Baby has done, everyone he's hurt or killed! It's all my fault!"

"Mooney, it's not. You can't-" Dad started.

"Don't give me that! This is my fault and you all know it! If I wouldn't have come with you ten years ago in Egypt, then you wouldn't have been distracted! You wouldn't have been distracted and you could have killed Baby right then! None of this would be happening! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!" I screamed, my eyes burning with tears and fire. Videl, Dad and Gohan all stayed quiet. They knew I was right.

"Moon-" Trunks tried. I glared at him.

"Don't. Just don't," I growled, disappearing. I couldn't go back to West City like I could have any other time. Doing that now would be suicide. I couldn't go to my room like a normal girl could. My family could be able to get into the room no problem. So I went to the only other place I could think of. High Rock.

The house was replaced with the summer air as I gazed out at the seemingly never ending farmland below me. High Rock was what it sounded like. It wasn't exactly a cliff, but it was the closest thing to it in Pennsylvania. Once natural, the rock itself was now covered in layers and layers of spray paint.

The rest of my tears flowed down my face like a waterfall. How? How could I let this happen? How could I let my goddamned curiosity get in the way of all of Earth's people? How could I be so stupid?

I fell to my knees, sobs shaking my body. Thankfully, nobody else was around. Why, I didn't know. But I was glad.

I thought back to before we even had come to Waynesboro. One of the very few times we had to bring someone back with the dragon balls because of Baby. I had went to Mar's afterwards, upset that I had let someone die.

"Don't worry about it, Moon," Marron said. "This could have happened to anyone. Not just you. The good part is that you were able to bring the guy back."

"It still doesn't change the fact that I let him die," I replied, my chin sitting on my knees, my eyes downcast.

"Moon, look at me," Marron demanded. Sighing, I looked at up my friend.

"It's alright. Don't linger on one thing. If you don't let it go, then you'll never forgive yourself." I sighed again.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," I admitted.

"Of course I'm right. I'm always right," Mar told me, crossing her arms. I chuckled before sighing again.

"Mar, I promise that I'll never let Baby take over you or your parents."