Chapter Twenty-Five

One by one, my senses came back to me. I could feel soft cotton sheets beneath me and a light, woven blanket resting on my body. Sighing, I rolled over, surprised when I felt no pain. A few seconds after moving, I felt a hand take mine.

"Good morning," Moon whispered. Smiling, I opened my eyes, searching for her. My smile grew when I found her.

Moon was sitting on the side of the bed I was on. Her red hair was braided, like it usually was. Light shone brightly in her iced blue eyes.

Still smiling, Moon laid down next to me.

"So, how do you feel?" she asked.

"Actually, pretty good. I'm surprised there's no pain," I reply, flexing my toes and fingers.

"Well, it's about time I got the hang of healing," Moon joked, her smile growing.

Leaning in, I lightly kissed her.

"If this is gonna how you're going to greet me in the morning, I should wake you up more often," Moon teased when I pulled away.

Chuckling, I sit up, keeping a hold of her hand. Looking around the room, I try to find a clock.

"How long have I been out?" I asked when my search proved fruitless.

"Only about a day and a half. I woke up like two hours ago."

"Good. It hasn't been too long. Cause we need to get our asses in gear," I stated, standing up. Letting go of Moon's hand, I stretch, working stiffness out of my joints.

Slowly, Moon nodded.

"Everyone else knows about the Dragon Balls. Bulma has a ship ready to leave first thing tomorrow morning. We just need to figure out who's going and then pack."

Sighing, I reply, "I hope we can get them all in time."

"Psh, are you kidding me?" Moon asks. "Ten months in plenty of time! Plus, I can freeze time, remember?"

I smile and take her hand again. "I'm starving. Let's go get some food."

"Good. I was about to suggest that."

Laughing lightly, Moon and I walked out of the room. Going down the massive staircase, we quickly found the dining room. Our friends and family were already sitting down to eat. Perfect timing.

"Hey, can you spare two seats?" I asked. Every head snapped up, their eyes locking in on Moon and I.

"Trunks!" mom's relieved voice called. Running around the table, she tackled me in a hug, forcing me to let go of Moon's hand. Laughing, I wrap my arms around her. "Oh thank God you're alright!"

"Hey! I'm not that bad at healing!" Moon grumbled. Mom pulled away, chuckling.

"I know, Moona. That's not how I meant it."

"I know," Moon told mom, smiling.

"Mom, I'm sor-"

"No!" mom interrupted. "Don't you even start! We just had this fight with Moona! None of what has happened over the past two months has been your fault. I don't want you thinking it or talking about it. In fact, I forbid it."

I stared at mom in surprise. Glancing up, I catch Bulla shaking her head. I sigh.

"You're right. I just can't help but feel it is my fault."

"I understand, sweetie," mom assures me, brushing some hair out of my face. I roll my eyes and gently hit her hand away, "But it's not. It's Baby's fault. All of it falls on his shoulders. Not yours, not Moona's, not anyone's. Is that clear?"