Chapter Twenty-Seven

A slight stirring awoke me. Lifting my head, I focused my tired eyes on the person sitting next to me.

"Sorry, Pigeon. I didn't mean to wake you," Trunks whispered in my ear. I shrugged, yawned and sat up.

"It doesn't matter. I was going to get up soon anyways," I say, stretching. When I stand up, a beam of sunlight hits me in the face. Squinting, I shield my eyes and look out before us. Movement could faintly be heard from below, telling us that the city had begun to move.

"We better move fast," I say. Trunks nods. He takes my hand and walks into the bedroom. Before we leave, he grabs a capsule full of his clothes.

When we reach the end of the staircase, I see Mar and Nate walking across the Hall, on their way to where the ship was. Mar catches my eye and give me a quick nod and smiled before turning away. I smile at her back as they continue down the Hall.

"Does she know?" Trunks breaths. I nod.

"Yes. Her and Bulla. They helped me pack last night." 

Trunks nods as we fall into step behind the couple. I lay my head on his shoulder, acting as though I can't bare to see him leave. 

"Promise me you won't get hurt," he says quietly. I nod.

"I promise," I reply. Trunks kisses the top of my head.

When we reach the launch area, I catch glimpses of blue hair running around.

"Your mother and sister are so alike at times, it's almost creepy," I note, chuckling.

"Tell me about it," Trunks replies.

"But, at the same time, you and your dad are the same way. You are so much like him at times."

"And you and your parents."

Smiling, we walk up to Goten.

"Hey buddy." my brother greets, high-fiving Trunks. "Where are your bags?"

"I capsuled them. Figured it be easier."

Goten nodded and looked up at the ship. "Dad says we have to stop at Earth first."

"What for?" I ask.

"To get a Dragon Radar and something else. I have no idea what though."

"Well, when you get there, say hi to it for me," I said. My brother nodded. He didn't know I was going to sneak on board.

"Uncle Goten!" Gaea cries, running over. She throws her arms around Goten, hugging him tightly. "Please be careful! We just got the family back together, and now you and Grandpa have to leave again!"

Goten sighed and hugged our niece. "Don't worry, Panny. Rosey will still be here. And your parents and Mom."  My throat tightened. I was leaving her as well...

Gaea nodded and ran off again. Goten sighed.

"That kid is weird..."

"Well what do you expect? She's Gohan's daughter," I reply, loud enough for our brother, who was walking by, to hear.

"Yeah, 'cause you're really normal, Rosa," he answered.

"I am! How dare you suggest otherwise!"

Goten and Trunks laughed. Gohan rolled his eyes but smiled and kept walking.

"Trunks, Goten, it's almost time to go. We have to get onto the ship and prepare," Dad said, walking up. My brother and boyfriend nodded. Trunks kissed me lightly on the forehead.

'See you on board,' he sent me.

'Likewise.'

Trunks walked away and Goten took his place.