ꜱᴏᴜʟᴍᴀᴛᴇ

Summary: You meet with your soulmate during a Nightmare.

Warnings: none

Word Count: 780 

@.multific/tumblr

★★★★

★★★★

Some people were obsessed the whole soulmate thing. Every person supposed to dream the same as their soulmate and during one dream, they would meet. At least that's how everyone explained it.

It was all they could talk about. Even your friends were talking about their dreams and wishing to meet with that one person.

You remember in the early ages of your life when you learned about the phenomenon of soulmates, you were very excited. Your dreams were always nice, comforting and warm. But one day it all changed.

You were still very young, but around March or April of 2012, your dreams became twisted. You never told about this to anyone. You knew that this was because of your soulmate, but at that point you were still too young to understand what those dreams really were. You only started to understand once you turned sixteen.

As time went on the dreams got more vivid, scarier and darker. Whenever you woke up you felt like it was real that all horrible things that happened while you were asleep were true. You started to lose track of reality as the nightmares continued. But you stayed silent. No one needed to know and when they did ask you just came up with a lie. Which wasn't really nice, but you couldn't help it. And now you were almost an adult.

Slowly you got used to the nightmares. Sure some were more horrific than the other, murder, torture, blood and screams. The nightmares used to send shivers down your spine, but not anymore. You got used to them. You learned how to block out the noises and screams. You never anticipated the moment you would meet with your soulmate trough one of these dreams.

At one point you believed that it was you who made those nightmares possible and you were going mad. You convinced yourself to the point of never going back. You started to see demons everywhere and began to plot murder. But you never really go to the point to kill that one very annoying girl.

Then, you met him.

It was just like how others described it.

You went to sleep that night ready for a whole new level of fucked up.

And you found yourself in an abandoned place. It was quiet, awfully quiet. The place you assumed was a church of some sorts but you only saw the ruins of it. In the middle of all was a fireplace. The only noise came from that.

And there he stood with his back turned to you. In full black, he looked like a demon. You wanted to say something to him, but you couldn't. Even by staring at his back you could tell he was a very handsome man.

You didn't make any noise yet as if out of instinct he turned around and saw you.

He was about your age, beautiful. You even forgot about all the horrors of the nightmares you went through.

"H-Hi." was all you could make out. And when you did you felt embarrassed that you did.

"You are... Are you my..." somehow you felt an urge overcoming you.

"Find me." was all you could say before you woke up.

You learned his name the next day, Michael, sure the surroundings were still horrible and bloody, but he was there. And when he was there nothing else mattered.

One night he didn't appear in your dreams, you got worried. However your next day changed everything.

Next day was your day off from work so you walked around in the city and bought some clothes for yourself. Suddenly a big car stopped next to you.

"Miss Y/L/N? You must come with us, Mr. Langdon sent us." said one of the man. You were confused but as soon as you heard his name, you went with them, bags in your hands.

You were soon transported to a place that was an underground bunker. You were left alone in a room, a few moments passed by and soon you heard the door open.

And there he was.

Right in front of you.

As beautiful as he was in your dreams, but this was no dream. This was reality.

"My Love." was all he said as you ran and hugged him.

You savoured the feeling of being in his arms. Soon you felt your phone buzz in your pocket.

You pulled it out to check the message. There was no doubt, this was the end of the world.

"What is this?" you asked Michael out of confusion. Since he must know something and that is why he got you to safety.

"This, is the new world and you are the Queen, My Love."