"ᴄᴀɴ ɪ ꜱᴛᴀʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ ? ... ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ?"

Summary: Michael Langdon has an awful nightmare and seeks out the Reader and he falls asleep in their arms.

Warning: mention of death, fluff, angst?

Word Count: 793

@.horrostreet/tumblr

★★★★

★★★★

You were housed in the last room at the end of the hallway and had just gotten ready for bed. You ran your hands through your hair and gave a long yawn, everything that had gone on that day drained the energy from you. All you had to do now was brush your teeth and wash your face and you would be set. You walked into the bathroom and brushed your teeth and scrubbed your face clean, feeling refreshed and ready to hit the hay.

While you were in the bathroom, Michael had snuck in and jumped into your bed. You nearly jumped out of your skin when you saw him. "Hi (y/n)." He greeted, giving a sweet smile. You put your hand over your heart and took a deep breath. "Michael. You cant keep doing that." "Why not?" He asked, resting his head on his hand. "Because, you're gonna give me a heart attack." You answered, walking over to him. You sat next to him and curled his hair around your finger. "C'mon Michael, you have to go back to your room or you're gonna get in trouble." You told him, playfully shoving him near the edge. He let out a light chuckle and got up, his tall form raising above your own. "Fine, fine. Bye." He said giving one wave before exiting your room. You shook your head and remade your bed, hopping in and snuggling up to the covers that Michael's scent stuck to.

In Michael's room, he had just done the same, jumping into bed and laying down as the candles in his room were put out. He laid there for as long as he could, tossing and turning and trying to get comfortable but something just seemed off to him. He stared at the wall, somehow having the thought of you stuck in his mind and fell asleep thinking about you. He entered into a nightmare that he would rather not be stuck in and furrowed his brows in his sleep. He could do nothing but watch as you burned in the fire pit in the center of the building, the flames surrounding you and causing the skin on your body to bubble and melt. The louder he would scream out to you the higher the flames grew and that's all he could seem to do. The nightmare was over as he woke up in a cold sweat, his breathing heavy and tears in his eyes. The shock had not yet left him and he quickly uncovered himself and got out from under the covers to walk over to his door. He quietly opened it and looked both ways before walking out and making his way to your room. Michael opened your door and closed it behind him, scaring you once again. "Michael! Again?" You sat up, rubbing your eyes and propping yourself up on your arm. "Sorry." He apologized, walking over to your bed and sitting down. "Can I stay here ? ... With you tonight ?" He asked, looking over at you, his cheeks still wet from his tears. You nodded your head and pulled back the covers for him to crawl under and once he was settled, you covered the both of you back up and wrapped your arms around him, your head resting on top of his as he nustled into your neck. You quickly fell back asleep, Michael's warmth only making it easier and Michael fell slept easier that night in your arms, feeling peaceful with you with him.

The next morning, you were the first to wake up, surprised at first to find Michael in your arms and happy and content with the position you two were in. You ran your fingers through his hair, working out every tangle and rough spot and waiting for him to wake up. He looked so calm when he slept, his face relaxed and his hair messy and curled over his eyes but not too much to the point where you couldn't see them. His eyes fluttered open you both made eye contact, your faces close together. You gave him a soft smile and continued to run our fingers through his hair, easily untangling his curls. He couldn't keep his eyes off of you and a smirk slowly formed on his face. It was quiet for awhile before you spoke up. "You know," you started, giving a small laugh. "We should do this more often, I slept so well and you are so warm." You said, resting your forehead against his. He perked up and gave a wide smile. "Really?" He asked, pushing himself up. "Well, yeah. Why not?" He flopped back down and hugged you close, your arms wrapping back around him as well and the both of you laid there for as long as you could, just enjoying each others presence.