ᴡʜᴏ ɪꜱ ʜᴇ?

Summary: Michael gets jealous after seeing the fact that a boy messaged you. He's been in love with you for a while, but what will he do about it. 

Warnings: almost smutty

Word Count: 982

@.writings-of-a-british-fangirl/tumblr

★★★★

★★★★

Your friendship with Michael was something of a mystery. You weren't really sure how you became friends, or how you'd become so close in such a short amount of time, but at some point it stopped mattering to you. Michael was all that mattered.

At first, you found it quite odd that you'd never met any of his other friends, but you soon discovered that wasn't because he was embarrassed by you: it was because he didn't have any others. The fact made you sad; Michael was kind and gentle to you. He deserved much more than life he given him. Soon after meeting him and becoming close, he'd told you about his grandma dying and about how his mum was actually his adoptive mum. You'd held him for some time after that: you couldn't bear to see him sad, let alone cry.

Michael had never felt such warmth. In truth, when he first met you, he didn't think he'd fall for you like he had. He was a monster, the son of Satan, and yet here he was falling in love with the purest of angels that heaven had to offer. So, he kept you close. Michael trusted you and wanted to love you like you deserved. Of course, he'd never said out loud to you how he felt. Despite who he was, what he was, he still feared rejection just like everyone else. And especially from you. He couldn't lose you. Michael craved your presence and your love. To risk that was all too much for Michael.

But then something else was threatening your love to him: someone else.

Your friends were nice enough. You talked about them a lot but mostly Michael paid no mind to them: he was your best friend, not them. However, there was someone who wasn't quite your friend... A boy. In your psychology class, apparently. He was appearing more and more in your notifications. What? Michael didn't mean to invade your privacy... Well sort of. He wasn't doing it maliciously! He... He was just curious. And your phone was sitting right there on his bed- the temptation was too much.

He was quite dissatisfied with what he found. Initially, it was the usual. Messages from various group chats, Instagram likes, the occasional reminder you'd set yourself and then a snapchat.