narrative

vinnie forced me to bring my mattress into his room to sleep.

he offered to let me sleep on his bed with him but of course i got nervous and said no.

i've been in LA for a few hours now and it's starting to get dark, sway invited a bunch of other friends over for the night to hang out for a little bit. i know nailea is coming which i'm excited about. avani and i are sitting on lawn chairs near the pool while some of the boys played around in the water, all the guests should arrive in a hour or two.

"where are the rest of the boys?" avani asked. only kio and josh were in the pool, vinnie, anthony and troy missing. "i don't know, probably getting food out" i replied while stretching my legs out on the chair. i'm very jet lagged and wanted to go to sleep early but vinnie insisted on me hanging out with the group, then i could sleep in tomorrow.

"carmen! avani!" i heard a cheery voice from behind our chairs, avani and i turned around to see nailea standing by the sliding glass doors with her arms open wide. we smiled before standing up quickly and running into her arms to hug her tight, "nai, we didn't think you'd get here until later!" i exclaimed happily.

"i wanted to surprise you!" nailea smiled while looking at both avani and i with the brightest smile on her face. "an amazing surprise" i said happily taking nailea's hand and bringing her back towards our two lawn chairs. kio and josh both waved to her from inside the pool as all three of us sat down, nailea sitting at the feet of my chair.

"did you see the other boys when you walked inside?" i asked as nailea took a sip from the drink she had in her hand, "oh yeah i did! they're inside getting food ready" she answered, avani and i both nodded as we all began to talk about random things. i caught nailea up on everything that happened with me, vinnie and blaire. she doesn't like blaire even though i told her she apologized.

"i don't know, i wouldn't trust her" nailea raised her eyebrows while taking a sip of her water, "yeah it's going to take me a while to trust her again, i don't really right now" i replied truthfully, nailea and avani both nodded.

then, we heard the sliding door open and saw vinnie, anthony and troy walking out. "finally!" i exclaimed as vinnie placed a tray of food down on a small table near the pool. "sorry, lots of food" vinnie smiled clapping his hands together.

i stood up and walked over to vinnie giving him a quick hug, anthony sat down with avani while troy took my spot on the lawn chair. "are you guys going to swim?" vinnie asked as we walked back to the other four. "yeah, kio and josh are looking lonely" troy laughed.

we all looked over towards the pool and saw kio being thrown over josh's shoulder while repeatedly slapping his back. "i think they're having fun" avani laughed and we all agreed.

-

it's been a few hours and i still haven't gotten into the pool. avani and nailea eventually got in but i said i was too tired to jump around in the water.

"heyy carmennnn!" vinnie stretched out my name, my head shot towards him and i saw him walking towards me with his arms wide open. i noticed the small smirk on his face and realized what he was going to do, i slid out of my lawn chair and began to walk away from him, "vinnie i swear if you—" i put my arms up trying to keep me away from him but that didn't work because he began to run towards me.

"you're at my house! you will get in my pool if i ask!" he laughed while chasing me around the deck with his open arms, "no vinnie it's probably freezing!" i cried out. i felt his strong arms scoop around my body as he picked me up and walked to the edge of the pool, "guess you're going to find out!" he laughed evilly jumping into the pool with me in his arms.

i felt the cold water around me and i quickly swam to the surface, vinnie was already at the top since even he's taller than me and probably just stood up normally. my jaw dropped and i smacked his chest playfully, "i told you it's freezing!" i complained as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled my closer to his warm body.

"it will get better" vinnie smiled only a few centimeters away from my face. i wrapped my arms around his neck then turned my head to look at everyone in the pool, anthony and avani were over in the hot tub talking, troy and nailea were playing a game with kio and josh. so no one was looking at the two of us.

i turned my head back towards vinnie and smashed my lips against his. it was a quick kiss but it felt nice to finally do it, "what you've been waiting for" i giggled while poking his nose then moving away from his body.

a/n
realized they hadn't kissed in 34 chapters 🧍‍♀️shouldn't have to wait any longer
this chapter was so hard to write lol i had no idea where it was going