8

《The course of true love did never run smooth》

°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°•○•°

Ethan made it out of that place, scavenging around cause the door out took forever to open, yet he found some quiet unique creepy yet seems valuable stuff.It amazed him that you never woke up, he was making so much noise, he wondered if anything will wake you up.

"Are...oh my god I'm going to be sick!" Ethan was going to hurl his insides out yet swallows it down, this place was sick.

What he saw?Simple.The human remains stuck up in a field of snow covered crops, blackened skin and all, the ravens peck them till there was nothing but bones and spilled dryed blocks of blood.

Human scarecrows..

Going up the path he sees a castle "Is..Is Rose in there?" he quickly walks faster, seeking warmth from the cold, yet stops as the cabinet opens next to the castle entrance....

"I have been waiting for you, Mister Winters."

Ethan was baffled yet held caution as he comes closer "How do you know my name?"

"Anyone who is anyone heard the likes of you.A hero searching for his daughter." Duke answers as he rubs his hands together, to defend himself from the cold "Though I say, that castel raises suspicion."

"Yeah, and so do you."

Duke laughs "I am but a humble merchant!"

Ethan puts down his gun, raising a brow in confusion "Here?"

"Forgive my manners, call me The Duke, now to business...Ammunition, weapons, healing salves--anything you desire, I can provide."

Ethan has to admit he did need to perpare.He only has what?A gun with one set of bullets and some valuable items??That won't get him anywhere.

Ethan sighs "Can I trade this.." he careful pulls out a sack of gold coins, Duke smile at the bag in Ethans hands "...for an upgrade on this gun?Is trading even a option??"

"Yes!You can trade with me and I can provide you the best of my goods!"

Ethan seems to like that "Alright then." and like that he began to trade and look for items he may need on his mission to save his baby.

Duke POV

He was full of money and ancient artifacts, I will make sure to give him the best of my greatest work yet.Even if it is mainly upgrades.

But, middle of fixing his fire power, I noticed the fimialer (H/C) locks he so carried.

It was the child from before..

"Tell me, Ethan Winters.Where did you get that child from?"

Ethan stiffens up, just for a second or two, then continues to look through the food section "She was with those freaks."

Freaks.

Now that was bold of him to assume that, he seems to know nothing about that child.Not even the position he placed himself in, far worse it seems.

"I will need some of these."

I blink, so many he brought over to me "You seem to perpare yourself to the max?" I count everyone of them; all of them were mostly healing salves "You could buy more useful things then this, why so much Winters?"

His expression was sent from a calm and determined to a look of pure empathy "The kid got hurt on the way."

Hurt?The child destined for the lords??My, if they even see a scratch on her it may result in a bloody massacre.

"Really?May I ask who you run from-?"

"Some guy name Hiesenberg."

Him?Oh my, what did the poor child do to play his horrific form of games??Ah.It dose not matter.What matters is to help the little one then bicker like girls gossiping over a certain man.

"What are you-?"

"The child is in pain yes?" Ethan nods, I open the salve and motion him to come close "Show me the area it hurts, I do not have the heart to wake her from her pleasant slumber."

Ethan took a second, nod, and told me the areas....she was not just hurt, she was drastically injured.

The ankle was surrounded with brown, black, and purple splotches as it seems to swell twice the size.Her back was the same but the swelling is replaced the decoration of the bruised  area, it was faint but visible.

I sigh "It is worst then I thought."

"What..?"

"The child needs to drink these, it will help with the swelling and pain, but unlike you it will take time to heal." A bag of his bought products was now in his reached, I continued on "These salves hold a very bitter after taste so do try to make her drink one or two a day."

Ethan didn't think it was that serious but absorbs the information given to him "Thank you, Duke." gun in hand he made his way to Lady Dimitrescu castle.

I already know that once he steps one foot in those daughters of hers will find him immediately.

I will pray for the two lost souls.

Ringgg!

Ah, speak of the devil..

A sigh of relief left my lips, picking up the phone "It is not everyday I get a call from you my lord."

"Your on a tight leash so watch what your going to say..." he stops a long second, then continues in a more calmer tone "...remember that kid?The one with the-?"

"The sweet child with (H/C) and beautiful (E/C) eyes?Yes I do.Why?What is the problem?"

"The problem...thE PROBLEM?!THAT DAME MORTAL HAS HER!!"

I knew of that, so I look down in small smile "Really?Then it seems I have good news for you then."

That got his interest "Go on, tell me."

"He made it out with her-"

"THANK FUCKING GOD!"

"-but he is now in the household of Lady Dimitrescu."

CLINK!

Oh...he hanged up on me.

Rude.

A loud gurgling sound left from my stomach, I knew immediately what time it was;Dinner time.

Roaming around I pull out what I feel like "Steak and potatoes sound good." and like that I spent my time making my delicious meal.