Chapter 1

☆¤☆¤☆¤

"Iris honey hurry up...you don't want to be late for your first day." I yelled swinging on my coat in the hall of our apartment. Hearing no response I yelled again "Come on sweetie we gotta go." No response again. "Rapidement!" (Quickly in French) I yelled again. Hearing a consistent silence I walked into Iris' room. No one was in there. For a split second my heart stopped until.

"MOMMY." Both Bucky and Iris yelled jumping out from behind of the door. I jumped in the air accidentally and help in the curse words that were threatening to fall out of my mouth. After the initial shock I let out a breathy laugh as they both giggled at me.

"You scared the life outta me you little sneakers." I grinned pulling both Iris and Bucky onto my arms.

"Hey dont blame me it was this little punk's idea." Bucky laughed ruffling her hair a little. "Come on pumpkin we don't wanna make mommy mad...she hasn't had any coffee and we know how she gets when she hasn't had any coffee." He teased  raising his eyebrows.

"Oh really." I teased back suggestively pressing my lips onto his.

"Ewww mommy stop kissing dad." Iris came between us and shoved me away. "I gotta go school now." She demanded cutely.

"Ooo yes Professor X isn't going to be to pleased with tardiness." I booked her little nose before lifting her up and carrying her on my hip. "Oh and sweetie you have an appointment with Dr Raynor...I'll be there after okay." I quickly kissed Bucky on the cheek before rushing out the door. "Love you! Always and forever." I yelled.

"Love you too doll...always and forever." He dramatically blew me a kiss. Both Iris and I raced out of our apartment block hand in hand.

"Shall we drive...or go the fun way?" I asked practically knowing the answer. I watched as her eyes lit up excitedly.

"Fun way fun way!"she begged jumping up and down over and over again. I smiled and looped my arm around her. I pushed us off the ground with my powers. I heard her scream in excitement but I was concentrating on not hitting anything.

Eventually we found the ludicrously fancy school in upstate New York. "You're gonna be here for a term is that alright?" I asked setting her down on the floor allowing me to kneel in front of her. I wasn't going to make her do something she wasn't comfortable with.

"Yeah mommy...then I can ge strong like you and dad." I almost cried when she said it. I nodded not trusting my voice and grabbed her hand pulling through the gates. The school was beautiful to say the least. Yes the walk up to the actual building was in incredibly long but it sure was beautiful. There were loads of students roaming about. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a blue man with a tail who I think is called nightcrawler. Nerves erupted in my stomach at the thought of my baby girl staying at a private school for mutants without me but it was what she needed.

It of nowhere I heard a little voice in my head. "Mommy I'm scared." Iris' voice spoke. She was using her telepathy again. "What if they don't like me." I turned down to see her bottom lip quivering.

"I know honey but like you said you can get strong like daddy...yeah." I say in my head knowing that she would probably want to keep this private. "And what isn't to love about you...you are beautiful, smart and have a heart of gold...you will be fine." I carried on in my head. She didn't respond to that. It was a bit strange though how her powers were developed at such a young age but that would be what the professor would help us with.