Chapter 22

Fixing up the boat was surprisingly fun. Luis and were constantly joking and talking whether it be chatting about his grandkids or joking about how Bucky(or you aswell) were the only white person (people) on the dock. Sarah was lovely aswell she constantly offering snacks and food as  we were ripping things up or oiling up gears.

Here Sam and I were trying to rip something up off of the deck. Our combined strength clearly wasn't working due to the lack of movement. "Dude are you even...trying." I grunted, still trying to pull it off.

"Shut up and pull." He grunted back. Out of nowhere it lifted and both Sam and I fell on our asses. "Thanks Buck really appreciate it."

"No problem birds-for-brains..oh doll are you okay." He dragged me up from my spot and kissed me on the cheek. It made me violently happy when he did that it was just so wholesome and kind but anyway back to the story.

"Yeah yeah let's not help Sam because Sam doesn't sleep with Bucky therefore isn't helped Yeah I get it." Sam muttered to himself to which Buck and I just frowned at.

"Hey man watch your mouth." I pointed accusingly at him in a joking tone. "I'm joking calm your pretty little head." I chuckled. "But careful because Bucket over there wouldn't appreciate it." When I looked back to Buck his arms were crossed and he was nodding his head slightly. I love my wingman.

"Noted." Sam nodded with a scared look on his face. I just smiled at Sam sweetly.

"Now come on Wilson do you want this boat fixed?" I wrapped an arm around Sam and directed him to a pipe that needed fixing.

"So you got a date for the wedding?" Sam asked as if I hadn't been proposed to about 5 hours ago.

"This ring has only just been put on my finger...we haven't even discussed that yet...the only reason we have agreed on a location was because Luis put it in my head and an elderly woman put it in Bucky's...it was spontaneous." I explained in an unnecessarily long way. "So no...no date...no plan."

"Nah don't worry about it...we can sort it out for you...if you want." Sam reasoned trying to turn a screw which wasn't working. "God I hate these things." He still couldn't do it.

"Here look you're turning the wrong way." Bucky popped out of nowhere and turned the screw the other way. "I'm okay with that idea Sam."

"Yeah so am I...but I definitely want to personalise some things."

"Yeah no problem." He nodded. "And Buck it only just occurred to me...why didn't you just use your metal arm?"

"Well I'm right handed and well it just isn't my first thought." He inspected his metal arm.

"Well sometimes it is." I smirked.

"Ugh that...eww that is...ugh no I do not wanna know that...uh I can not look at you the same." Sam fake vomitted. I just burst out laughing. I'm not going to lie it is pretty hilarious. "I'm gonna pretend that didn't just happen and I'm going to suggest we go back inside...and I'm going to figure out how to get the ideas of your sex life out of my head."

"Yeah alright calm down."

"I don't think I can...anyway come with me because I am famished." Sam gestured us along to his house. It was a cozy house that Sarah was stood in currently cooking something in a deep pan. Let me tell you it smelt fucking incredible.

"Oh hey guys I'm cooking some jollof rice and fried plantains...mom's recipe...want some?" She asked with a sweet smile.

"If you have enough...we don't wish to intrude." I held my hands awkwardly infront of me.