Chapter 24

Once Buck and I were ready, we made our way to Sam's boat. On the way to the boat I enlightened Bucky of my nightmare. "- and then I looked up and it was you." I finished my explanation. Bucky's head span to me and he quirked his eyebrow.

"Was it me in real life?" He asked.

"No no it wasn't don't worry in my real memory it was a black, shorter man...so definitely not you." I explained.

"Maybe it's just you worrying about marrying me." He stopped his walk and turned to me. "It's okay if you are." He took both of my hands.

"No no it's not that...I am so excited to marry you...can't you tell I've been jumping around like an excited puppy...I'm just nervous because marriage is a big thing and I don't want to mess it up." I lifted our hands and kissed his knuckles. "Plus you cant get rid of me that easily." I joked dragging him along to the boat with our hands still intertwined.

"I don't think I ever want to." Bucky responded.

"Awwww...anyway come on Elsa Cinderella is probably waiting for us." I commanded.

"Cinderella?"

"I'll explain later." I dismissed. Eventually we arrived at the boat and descended the stairs to the lower deck where Sam was being pelted by pressurised gas from a pipe. Buck jumped in to hold a spanner to stop the gas while Sam does something. It worked though because it stopped.

"Can you guys start loosening those bolts over there?" Sam asked kindly while handing us both spanners. We both complied and made our ways to where Sam was pointing. I loosened all of mine and turned back to Sam.

"That was weirdly fast...how did you do that so fast?" Sam asked. My top lip stretched as I tried to hold in a laugh.

"That's what she said." I bursted out. I couldn't hold in my laughter as I doubled over but when I regained my sensibility I looked at Sam only to be met by a glare. I turned to Bucky and he just looked at me confusedly. "You guys are such fun sponges...when I was working in one of the red room facilities they made sure we were prepared for anything so they taught us how to construct and deconstruct a car in 20 minutes so I was to do things very quickly. I mean if you didn't they would electrocute you so I guess I don't like taking the risk." The mood in the boat went from light hearted to heavy. "Ummm anyways." I changed the subject.

I made my way go what Bucky was doing and took over as he was taking to long. I could practically feel the pairs of pitying eyes on me. I felt like such an annoying bitch. Always bringing up my past and dampening the mood. "Sorry." I mumbled. The feeling evaporated then. I finished Buck's tasks aswell and just stood around.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the engine and it wasn't right. It was missing an anti cavitation plate. "Sam." I called.

"Yeah?"

"Where is your anti cavitation plate?" I asked with a quirked brow.

"What sorry."

"Your anti cavitation plate it traps water that is exiting or going out from the boat's tunnel. It prevents the sucking of air into the forward face or part of the propeller." I rattled off. "That is probably why it isn't working."

"Uh yeah sure I am sure that you are right." He stared at the engine infront of us.

"If you can find one I'll install it for you...I'll ask around though." I made my way out of the bottom of the boat to the dock to look around. I wanted to get the work done quicker so we could just chill for the rest of the day.

Luckily I found Luis at the other end of the dock. "Hey Luis...do you have a spare anti cavitation plate?" I asked him his eyes brightened when he saw me.