four

Episode Four: Spy Games

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Aleyuh Carrera

The three of us continued to look around of the Royal Merchant with the drone as the thunder was getting closer.

"It's not there." John B sighs. "Look, just... just pull the drone up." The thunder continued rumbling.

"Shit." I uttered.

"Look, we can do another pass. recharge the battery. We can... we can go back down." Pope declared.

"We've done it three times. There's nothing there." JJ shouted.

"Shut up!" Kie shouted back.

"What? It's true!" JJ snapped back.

"Just stop, Kie." I whispered, walking towards JJ.

"The gold could be buried. We don't know." I shrugged, standing in the doorway.

"If it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector, okay?" John B mentioned. "Somebody beat us to it."

"Or it was never there." JJ muttered, driving away.

"Hey." I whispered, gaining his attention. JJ turned to face me; his eyes glancing at my lips.

"Hey, sweetheart." He smiled before looking back ahead of him so he didn't crash the boat.

"You still coming to the summer movie thing this week?" I questioned.

"I guess, only for you though." He nudged me playfully.

~

Dalton Thornton

Topper, My mom and I stood on the pier as our boat was being brought up out of the water. "Boat like this don't just sink, Dr. Thornton." The boat worker declared.

"How much is this gonna cost me?" My mom questioned in annoyance.

"Ah, submerged 24 hours, so you're lookin' at 25, 30K." The man replied. Topper and I looked at each other, shaking our heads and had our arms crossed over our chests.

"And insurance won't cover it?" My mom asked.

"No. Not for operator error. Plug wasn't in there." The man chuckles, causing our mom to look at us.