eight

Episode Eight: The Runaway

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Aleyuh Carrera

We all woke up and got ready, we waited all day for John B to get back from fishing with Ward. Kie and Pope were testing out the bucket on the rope for when we get the gold from Mrs. Crains. I stood next to the hot tub as JJ sat on the edge, dangling his feet in the water.

"How's it feeling?" Pope questioned.

"Feels good." Kie replied with a thumbs up.

"Taking you down." Pope warned and began bringing the bucket and my sister down.

"John B pullin' a Houdini." JJ commented.

"Yeah, where is he?" I questioned.

"I got my scholarship interview tomorrow." Pope reminded us for the millionth time. "We gotta get this done!" Pope complained as John B walked by Kie who was coming down from the tree with the help of Pope.

"Speak of the devil. Hey! Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything." JJ lied, causing me to chuckle.

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope corrected. John B ignored the two boys.

"Hey, John B." My sister tried to get his attention since he was ignoring us.

"Hey." Pope called out as John B went into the house.

"Okay, that's it?" JJ questioned in confusion, looking at me. I shrugged.

"Uh...what's that all about?" Pope questioned, walking over to us with Kie.

"I was gonna ask you the same question." JJ said as we all ran into the house to see John B destroying the house looking for something.

"You all right, man? What...what's up?" Pope stuttered.

"What are you looking for?" Kie questioned.

"Bro, what's going on?" JJ inquired.

"John B, talk to us!" I yelled as we walked over to the pull out matress. He moved the pillows and found JJ's gun.

"John B, what do you need the gun for? Talk to us!" John B pushed JJ onto the bed.

"John B, chill!" We shouted. I walked over to JJ, making sure he was okay. "What are you doing?"