thirteen

side note: pls start voting and commenting pls !! my ass hates ghost readers :(

Episode Three: Prayers

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Aleyuh Carrera

After JJ and I got ready, Kiara picked us up and drove us to school, the first two classes were a drag to the point where I almost fell asleep. The four of us walked to Mr. Sunn's class room, the bell rang and he began handing tests out. Of course I had to help JJ cheat on it, but he had to sit extremely far from me.

"Mr. Sunn, can I borrow Pope for a minute?" A man asked, causing all of us to look up at him.

"We're in the middle of a test right now." Mr.Sunn whispered, standing up.

"I'm from the Vanderhorst Foundation." The man replied.

"Mr. Heyward, its for you." Mr.Sunn got Pope's attention. I looked at Kie in confusion, she just shrugged and went back to her test. I looked at JJ who was already looking at me and waiting for the answers.

"You suck." I mouth to him, causing him to smile. I told him the answer and continued the test. Pope rushed in and sat down with wide eyes. He then turns to us, showing the back of the letter in his hand. It had the wheat symbol.

"Is that the wheat symbol?" Kie asked.

"Yeah."

"What the f.." JJ said loudly but stopped himself since Mr.Sunn turned around. "fu...fu..fudge?" I chuckled.

"Get back to the test, Mr. Maybank." Mr.Sunn scolded. I gave JJ the rest of the test answers, then told him to wait a few minutes so that it wouldn't look suspicious that we both finished at the same time. I went up and put the test on his desk. The bell rang, all of us left the class room, and the four of us went straight to the library.

"Is this a game of tag?" JJ questioned as we walked into the library.

"I don't know." I breathed out.

"Am I gonna have to beat you with your protractor?" JJ said loudly, causing the librarian to shush him. "What's going on?"

"Seriously, Pope, you are driving me insane." Kie whispers.

"Okay, so that guy was from the scholarship committee." Pope explains, handing JJ the letter. "Read it." JJ takes the letter out of the envelope.