sixteen

Episode Six: My Druthers

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Aleyuh Carrera

The four of us were outside of the Château, Chase went back to our moms house. Kie was playing with the ukulele, Pope was doing god knows what, and I was helping JJ clean off the wax off his board. Once we finished scraping the old wax off.

For the longest time, every time JJ put new wax on his board, I either drew or wrote something on it before he re-waxed it. This time I wrote, 'J+A' with a little heart. JJ smiled at it as he started covering his board with new wax.

"That's a lot of wax on your board. Put too much wax, it's gonna be slippery." Pope warned.

"Oh boy." I uttered as JJ stopped what he was doing.

"Are you telling me how to wax my board?" He questioned looking at Pope.

"Just saying that's a lot of wax." Pope shrugged.

"You're telling me how to wax my board. You kidding?" JJ started getting angry.

"That's a colossal waste of wax." Pope states.

"Why do you always have to argue with him, Pope?" I rolled my eyes.

"Guys, really?" Kie scoffed. There was a familiar car honking coming closer to us.

"Did you hear that?" JJ asked as the car got closer. It was John B pulling in with the Twinkie. The four of us started freaking out as John B got out of the van and walked over to us.

"Guess who's out of the clink, boy!" John B exclaimed as we all ran over to him, embracing him in a hug.

"We missed you." Kie announced.

"I missed you guys too." John B whispered.

"How'd you do it? You bust out?" JJ probed as we pulled away.

"Uh, they dropped the charges." John B smiled.

"They dropped the charges." Pope and I repeated in shock.

"That's phenomenal!" Kie exclaimed.

"So you're telling me we did all that work for nothing?" JJ complained.