twenty

Episode Ten: The Coastal Venture

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Aleyuh Carrera

We continue to stay quiet until we hear the talking get farther from us. "Nice work, John B. You know these things lock from the outside, right?" JJ snapped angrily.

"Okay, I was just trying to get us on the boat, JJ. I wasn't thinking that far ahead." John b argued.

"Yeah, now we're stuck in here like rats." JJ replied. Kie and I sighed, glancing at each other in annoyance at the boys arguing and it started to get hot in the container. "It's hot." We both took off our jackets.

"In this death cage!" JJ added loudly.

"Okay, JJ, you're not helping." Pope panted.

"You don't have a lot of room to talk right now, Pope." JJ sat down. "You said you had a plan, but what happened to thinking ahead?"

"I find your lack of self-knowledge disturbing." Pope fired back causing JJ to laugh. I rolled my eyes.

"Last I checked, you literally shot an oil container with the gat." JJ quickly stood up. Pope and JJ were the one arguing now. "Remember that?"

"Oh my God! Shut up. Shut up!" Kiara and I sat up and yelled. The two boys quickly shut up. "Pull it together." JJ and Pope sigh. There was a few moments of silence as John B and I glance at each other. "Let's try to find a way out of here." We all sat in silence for a while.

"Hey, Pope, how do you kill a snake?" JJ questioned, breaking the silence.

"You go for the head." Pope answered in a monotone voice, putting his hand on his forehead.

"Exactly. But the head, in this instance, is the bridge. To take the bridge, we need maximum firepower. And I happen to know that there's an armory on this ship in case of pirate attacks."

"Pirate attacks." Kiara breathed out in annoyance. "Alright you lost me." She walked away.

"If we take that—I'm not just talking pistols." JJ continued. ""I'm talking knives."

"You lost me as well." I shook my head, following my sister but stopped in front of JJ. "Killing everybody here is not a plan." We looked at each other before I walked off.