Chapter 5

It was like a corny sitcom, the early morning started with rosy sunshine through curtains and birds chirping around.

Not long ago the mornings were still pitch black. But now as the days passed it got warmer, flowers and leaves blossoming everywhere. Spring came and painted nature in fresh bright colors.

Kaminari Denki stretched and got up for school, even though it was way too early. Normally, he'd press the snooze button for at least half an hour. Well, not today. As soon as the alarm blared, Kami was fully awake. No idea why.

But he was delighted to see everything bathed in these very first magical sunrays. The pink reminded him of the upcoming cherry blossom. Soon, he would start to plan the picknick for it with Mina and Shinsou.

Funnily enough, both mopheads were actually besties and hung around together more often than the whole Bakusquad. And both of them were aces in planning events, Mina never forget to add all the awesome details to make it unforgettable. Shinsou then would organize stuff and include Kami to get all the people. So maybe when the pink cherry buds began to open, the electric boy might be able to get another person to join them.

With a yawn, Kami collected his school stuff scattered over his desk and shoved it into his school bag. Well, at least he'd have enough time to style his hair properly today...

Now he and this girl Y/N met about four times in the last two weeks. And every time they would find a topic to chat, it never got boring. So might be Kami's new bestie as Shin was to Mina and vice versa.

But for the last three days they just coincidentally met on the school hallways getting to next class. School lately got more stressful, so their time to talk was reduced to "Hey" "How ya doing?" "Great, considering we had to learn nonstop for tests..." and so on. Just some seconds to update each other and then going seperate ways again.

The blonde was just ready to go, he took one last look in the mirror before grabbing his bag and leaving.

I'd really like the squad to meet her. But this is kinda hexed, every time I saw her again not one of the squad was there with me. No Sero, no Mina... only once Bakugou almost ran her over storming through the hallway to kick poor Midoriya's ass again. Didn't even spare her a glimpse! Sometimes he really can be an major asshole...

"Good morning, Kaminari!"

"Hm? Oh, mornin', class rep."

Iida stood in front of the school entrance, most likely right after morning jogging/sprinting, judging by his glowing face. The air outside was still chilly from the night, but warm enough to not freeze. It helped Kami to finally get his blood circulation going.

"You're early today. That is very exemplary for class 1-A.", rapid hand chops supported Iida's enthusiasm.

"Yeah, I got up when the sun shone through my curtains...", the blonde mentioned, absentmindedly scrolling through his smartphone notifications. Now that he thought about it, why didn't his dumb ass for her phone number? Could've managed the whole communication thing better.

Jeez, why am I such an idiot? I must've fried my brain too many times now...

The blonde followed the class rep to their classroom. It got more lively now in the hallways, people shouting and trotting in each direction. Same on his phone, Mina and Sero were up and in their groupchat, already spamming it with new memes and funny tiktoks. Denki chuckled, Bakugou would rip their heads off for the constant phone buzzing. Right now, probably he and Kiri got ready themselves, trying to fit in front of one small mirror, since they mostly shared their bedrooms.

Well, not that he was jealous, Shinsou just preferred to stay in his room when his insomnia hit him. His boyfriend was so sweet to take Kami's sleep schedule in consideration, although he told Shinsou often enough that he was a heavy sleeper and it wouldn't bother him at all for him to stay.