New Guy - Todd Anderson

"All right, gents - I think it's about time we paid a visit to our dear friend Neil Perry!" declared Charlie, gaining some cheers of approvement from you, Knox and Meeks. You made your way to the other end of the hallway, where Neil had his dorm. The door was open - he was unpacking his suitcase. Another guy was in there, taking out his own stuff on his bed. His back was turned on you, so you couldn't see what he looked like, except that he had blond hair.

"Rumor has it," said Charlie with his eternal smirk lingering on his face, "that you did summer school." You scoffed along with Meeks and Knox. It wasn't meant to be mocking, the three of you just couldn't understand how someone could be willing to continue taking classes during the summer. Summer meant vacation, resting, having fun!

"Yep, chemistry," replied Neil as he walked up to you guys. "My father thought I should get ahead." He shook Charlie's hand. "How was your summer, slick?"

"Keen."

They exchanged a laugh, and the four of you stepped inside the small room. "Meeks, door," ordered Charlie.

"Yes sir," and the door creaked close. The new guy still hadn't said anything.

"Gentlemen, what are the four pilars?" asked Charlie as he sat down on Neil's bed and lit a cigarette.

"Travesty. Horror. Decadence. Excrement." You all dramatically spoke at the same time, before breaking into laughter. You leaned against the wardrobe, curiously observing the newbie.

"Okay, study group. Meeks aced latin, I didn't quite flunk English," said Charlie, "so, if you want, we got our study group."

"Sure. Cameron asked me too, anyone mind including him?" inquired Neil.

"What's his specialty, boot licking?" Charlie rolled his eyes.

"He's your roommate."

"It's not my fault!"

That's when the newbie turned around, and for the first time since your arrival you finally saw what he looked like. He had brown eyes, and his facial traits were soft, almost child-like, but there was something about the way he glanced at you that made you think that behind his quiet and obviously shy facade, he had a lot to say. Ooh, you thought to yourself, he's a cutie!

For the first time since you all came in, the boys seemed to have noticed him, and Meeks cleared his throat.

"Um, I'm sorry. My name is Steven Meeks."

"Oh," jumped Neil, suddenly remembering his roommate's presence, "this is Todd Anderson."

"Nice to meet you," added Meeks as he shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you," he said in a barely audible voice.

"Charlie Dalton."

"Knox Overstreet."

"Y/N Y/L/N."

Todd's gaze stopped on you for a bit longer, before he went back to his suitcase. And as the friendly banter went on, you kept your eyes on him, half smiling.

"Already day dreaming, Y/N?" called Knox with a smirk.

"Shut up, Knoxious. I'm complaining to myself about having to suffer through McAllister's classes again," you rolled your eyes.

"Please," sighed Meeks, "don't mention him. He's God awful."

"Like you're any better."

"Shut up, Neil."

*** TIME SKIP ***

Todd had stayed with your group of friends the entire day, and he still didn't speak much. Oh well, it was probably his personality. Still, the fact that he spoke so little intrigued you, and you wanted to know more about him.

As you headed to the study group room, you heard Neil saying: "You sure you don't wanna come along, Todd?"

"No - no, I have, um, some history work I wanna do."

"Suit yourself."

"Need some help?" you offered as you spun around to face him. "I'm good at history. I can help you."

"Um - no, no thanks, I'll be fine," he stuttered.

"Are you sure?" you insisted. "You don't look convinced."

"You really should let her help you, you know," added Neil. "She's the best in history. Even better than Meeks!"

"What am I hearing?" shouted Meeks from the other end of the hallway as he entered the study group room.

"Um... okay, fine - but - you really don't mind?" mumbled Todd.

"If I minded I wouldn't have offered my help," you said as you rolled your eyes. "C'mon, let's go to your dorm. These idiots are so noisy, it's impossible to focus during study group sessions."

And with that, you dragged him to his dorm, under Neil's amused gaze.

You spent over an hour helping him. First he had to answer some questions, which was all right, but then he had to memorize over a dozen of dates and events - which was slightly more complicated. He kept mixing up everything. You gave him some memorizing tricks and, once he was somewhat sure of having learned everything, you tested him on it.

Most of the time you were leaning over his shoulder, pointing at stuff on his notebook, and all of a sudden you noticed that he was getting very flustered. His face was red, his eyes avoided yours when he spoke to you, and your closeness to him seemed to make him nervous.

"Are you okay?" you asked as you took a step back, making him jump. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have been standing so close to you. I won't do it again," and you sat on the bed beside his desk.

"No - it's - it's fine," he stuttered.

Oh my gosh, you thought, does he have a crush on me? Because he sure acted like he did. But you brushed away the thought.

You finished helping him with the history work, then you stood up to leave.

"Well. I hope you're feeling better about this assignment now. I gotta go see Charlie about English, so I'll be on my way."

"Okay.... Thank you for helping me out on this," he said, blushing again.

"No problem. See you tomorrow?"

As you walked out the door, you stopped on your tracks. Then, without thinking, you spun around, walked back to him and planted a light kiss on his cheek, before winking at him and running out.

He stared at you with amazement in his eyes as he watched you vanish at the end of the hallway.