Radio Station - Gerard Pitts

For several weeks now, your best friend Steven has been talking about this radio station he supposedly has been building with one of his friends. You're not convinced by his "It's gonna be amazing, I tell you" and his "It'll work like a real factory-made one", because seriously, who can pull off a DIY radio station?

Okay, maybe you're not giving Steven the credit he deserves. He is, after all, quite talented in crafting up electronic devices himself. But still. This is a radion station he's talking about! So unless his friend is a genius, there's no way they're pulling this off.

You and your best friend bicker with each other back and forth, until one day, Meeks has finally grown tired of all this arguing.

"All right Y/N. Let's make a bet. If the radio is ready and functional by the end of the month, you owe me ten dollars. If not, I'll owe you ten dollars. Deal?"

You frown and silently count on your fingertips. The end of the month... that's in a week and a half! Damn, he must be at a pretty advanced stage of the project if he's so confident!

"Correction. If it's done by then, I owe you five bucks. Because you know there's no way in hell I can scrap up ten by the end of next week. And if it's not done or not working or whatever, you're paying for my ticket when we go watch Neil's performance in Midsummer Night's Dream. Deal?"

Steven rolls his eyes, but laughs. "Deal. You better start looking for those dollars, Y/N. I'll be expecting them on my desk."

"Shut up and go get my ticket already," you giggle, before the bell rings and you both head back inside.

Starting that very evening, you notice that Steven comes to study group only to work on the radio - and he's not alone.
His friend's name is Gerard Pitts, apparently - what a weird name - and he's really tall, with short dark hair and an unfortunate tendency to bump into tables whenever he stands up from his seat.

Dang, he's cute, you cannot help thinking one evening as you watch the two of them work. Really cute -

"Hey! Y/N!"

Charlie slides into the chair in front of you and let's out a small whistle. "Who're you eyeing like that, huh?"

"None of your business, Dalton," you retort with a smirk on your lips.

"I wanna know too," declares Neil as he grabs a seat on your right.

"Nope, not a chance."

"See Y/N, you don't really have the choice," interrupts Knox as he sits down on your left, leaving you completely surrounded by the boys, all grinning like idiots.

"Screw all of you. I'm not saying anything." You make an attempt to stand up and leaving, but you're barely two inches aboves your seat that both Knox and Neil grab you by the shoulder and push you back down.

"Not so fast, Y/L/N," laughs Charlie. "C'mon, tell us."

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on the top?"

You're about to slam back an answer to his face, but right at that moment, you hear Meeks shouting: "Oh my god, Pitts! How stupid can one get?"

"You tell me, Meeks."

Hearing his voice is enough to make you blush - which immediately betrays you. Thankfully, you're sitting far enough away from them so that the two wannabe engineers can't hear your friends sniggering.

"Ooooh, it's Pitts! It's Pitts, isn't it?"

"Y/N Pitts sounds like quite a good name. Should we start searching for your future children's names?"