When he thinks you're cheating (Neil)

"Y/N? Where are you? Y/N?"

"I'm here, Neil," you say as you open the door of your dorm and stick your head out in the hallway.

Your boyfriend storms up to you, and his eyes are so furious that it looks like thunder is flashing in them.

"Neil? Is there a problem?" you frown, but he stomps past you and into the room, before sitting on the bed. You close the door behind him.

"Babe? What's the matter?" you ask with a soft voice as you sit beside him. You gently take his hand in yours, but he pulls away brutally as if your touch burnt him.

"Why didn't you tell me?" His voice shakes with anger.

"Tell you what?" What has happened for him to be in such a state?

"THAT YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE!" he shouts, making you flinch. He shoots up and goes to the window, turning his back on you, his fists tightened so much that his knuckles turn white.

"What do you mean? Of course I love you, I - "

"Don't lie to me!" he cuts off. "Don't you dare lie to me! I thought - I thought you actually cared about me, I thought we had a connection, but no, you just had to lie to me and throw all of it away like I'm some kind of toy you're playing with!" Your heart sinks inside your chest. What is he talking about?

"Neil, what - what on Earth are you talking about? I swear to God, I don't know what's putting you into such a state!"

He turns towards you, huffing, and he is obviously having a hard time containing himself from an outburst of anger.

"Maybe the fact that you've been cheating on me with Crickley for a month behind my back? Maybe the fact that you're too much of a goddamn coward  to tell me you don't love me anymore!"

You open your mouth to defend yourself, but he continues. "You know what? Since you don't have the guts to tell me, then I'll say it. I'm breaking up with you."

Tears well up in your eyes and you feel your heart drop.

"What? Neil no, it's not true, I've never cheated on you! Who told you those lies?"

"Crickley."

"Evan Crickley's a lying scumbag and you know that!" Now it's your turn to feel anger grow inside your chest. "You know perfectly well that he's been flirting with me ever since you and I got together! And the fact that - that you would believe that I'd fall for a guy like him even though I have you - it - it - "

"He just told me you were with him this afternoon! That's why you didn't come with us to town, you were with him!"

"I was with Daniel, studying for the latin test!"

"Daniel Hautman?" Neil lets out a humorless laugh. "Ah yes, Hautman. The one you've been hanging around with for the past two weeks! You know what, Y/N? You're really starting to remind me of my dad! Using me like some kind of damn puppet to do whatever you want!"

You turn around and furiously wipe off tears from your cheek.

"I can't believe it!" you spit out. "I can't believe it - how can you think I'm capable of doing something so low? Maybe you're right - we should break up. If there's no trust in this relationship then I don't want any of it!"

And without leaving him the time to answer, you storm out of your room, slamming the door behind you.