Biology Project - Steven Meeks

An imagine about the one and only, Steven Meeks :) Enjoy!

"Meeks. Excellent."

Dr. Hager, your mathematics professor, handed him his exam. You discreetly glanced over his shoulder, only to see an A written in red and circled at the top right corner of his paper.

"Fucker," you muttered under your breathe.

The mutual hatred that you and Meeks bore for each other was fueled by the competition of who was the best student. He was undeniably very smart, and so were you. The only difference being that he was the biggest asshole to ever have walked the surface of Earth.

There was a constant rivalry between you. You had no idea of when or how it started - as far as you knew, you'd hated Meeks for as long as you'd known him. And you especially could not stand it when he had better grades than you. The feeling was reciprocal. You'd always insult each other at any occasion and rub defeat in the other's face.

You bit your lip, trying to contain the anger burning inside you. That test was incredibly hard! And you knew you'd aced it. At least, until now. Seeing that Meeks had an excellent grade was making you doubt of yourself. Had you truly done as good as you'd thought?

"Stupid fucker," you repeated under your breathe.

"I heard you, Y/L/N," taunted Meeks as he turned around on his chair to face you. "What's the matter? Can't stand seeing smart people being successful in class?"

"Meeks! Turn around!" barked Hager. "Y/L/N."

He handed you your exam. You nearly snatched it from his fingers, eager to see your grade.

A + .

Your eyes widened.

You turned the sheet over. You'd gotten everything right. You'd gotten a perfect score.

A smirk grew on your lips, and you looked up at Meeks. His face was red, his eyes glaring at you, and he looked like he could kill someone right now.

"What's the matter, Stevie? Can't stand seeing smart people being successful in class?" you mocked.

The bell rang as Hager finished handing back the last few exams, and you stuffed your books inside your bag before heading out.

Your next class was biology, a class that you loved because you'd often get experimental assignments. Today, it seemed to be the case.

"All right, class!" the teacher, Mr. Boynton, said as he cleared his throat. "I'm going to hand you a project that will be due in two weeks. You will not be given any class time to work on it, so be sure to get started as soon as possible. Also - " he glanced at the students over his glasses - "you will be doing this in pairs. I will assign the groups myself."

A groan of general miscontent arose from the class. You sighed loudly, hoping you wouldn't be paired with a slacker.

"Silence, please!" demanded Boynton, and the students hushed as he pulled out a sheet of paper on which, you guessed, he'd written down the groups.

"Dalton and Pitts. Cameron and Woodsby. Overstreet and Baker. Perry and Anderson. Paston and Williams. Y/L/N and Meeks."

You blinked. What?

Did he just -

You turned over to Meeks, who seemed like he was about to explode. No, no, no. This was a mistake. Right?

There was no way you'd just been paired with Steven Meeks.

Hager finished reading the list. "Now, I'll be handing out the description of the project - "