When he thinks you're cheating (Gerard)

"Pittsie?" You softly knocked on the door of your boyfriend's room. "Pittsie, you in there?"

You hadn't seen him since yesterday. He'd skipped supper as well as today's classes, so you needed to go check on him to make sure he was all right.

"Go away, Y/N," said a voice behind the door, but to your surprise it wasn't Gerard's. It was Meeks, and his icy tone made you frown. Then you heard a soft sob - almost inaudible.

"Meeks?" you called. "Is Gerard with you?"

"I said go away, Y/N."

You glued your ear to the door, trying to make out if there was indeed someone else in the dorm or if it was only your imagination.

And you heard Steven whispering "Shhhh.... Hey, look at me, man. I told her to go away, okay? She's not gonna hurt you anymore," followed by some more sobs.

"What do you mean, I'm not gonna hurt him anymore?" you angrily demanded, pounding on the wall with your fist. "Steven I swear, if you don't let me in - "

Then suddenly the door opened a few inches, and Meeks slid his head through the opening. His eyebrows were creased in anger, and the minute he saw you he tightened his teeth. You took a step back, surprised - you'd never seen him in such a state.

"Go to hell, Y/N," he spit out in a low voice. "I'm not letting you hurt my best friend again."

"But - what do you mean? Don't you think I deserve an explanation for this? I haven't seen him all day, and now I find out he's been crying and I can't do anything about it?" The sentences flew out of your mouth one after another, and you didn't even think about what you were saying. All you wanted was to see your boyfriend.

"Honestly, Y/N," said Meeks as he reajusted his glasses, "did you really think no one would find out?"

"For heaven's sake, Meeks, what on Earth are you talking about?"

"Oh, don't give me that little innocent act, will ya?" he cut off angrily. "You cheat on my best friend and you really think nothing's gonna happen, things will go on normally and you'll get away - "

"Let her in, Steven," interrupted Gerard's muffled voice from inside the dorm.

"What?" Meeks' eyes widened. "But Pittsie - "

"Let her in!"

Reluctantly, Meeks stepped out to let you in, shooting you a death glare as you passed by him.

You found your boyfriend sitting on his bed, his head between his hands, and his eyes red from crying.

"Hey, Gerard..." you said in a soft voice as you sat beside him. "Wanna tell me what's the matter?"

"I'm breaking up with you."

You blinked.
What?

Then the words' meaning hit you, and all of the sudden you felt dizzy. You felt as if you were suffocating, like your lungs were blocked and out of oxygen.

"Wh - what? But... why?" you gasped, feeling tears welling up inside your eyes.

"You've been cheating," he muttered.

"What?" you cried out. "No, I haven't! Who told you that shit?"

"Meeks saw you with - what's his name... Crickley."

"And he just - assumed that I was cheating? Just because he saw Crickley hugging me!"

"Then what were you doing?"

"I was comforting him!" you snapped, and brutally stood up. "Evan's grandma is in the hospital - I saw him crying, he looked really scared, so I asked if he wanted to tell me what happened. But of course, Steven just sees me hugging a boy and assumes I'm cheating - you know what, I'm going to go have a little chit chat with him!"

"No, Y/N!" Pitts had stood up as well to hold you back from the wrist, and you turned around to face him. "I'll explain to Meeks myself."

"Tell him to stop being so overprotective while you're at it," you grumbled. You were still mad at Steven but seeing Gerard feeling somewhat better warmed you up inside.

"Do you forgive me?" you asked.

"I - yes."

"That didn't sound convincing."

"Can you give me a bit of time?" he asked.

"Yeah... of course," you sighed.

You left the dorm and shut the door behind you, biting your lip.