i : It poked me...

Zenitsu

Waking up at 4 in the morning was normal for Zenitsu. But waking up at 3 something am with something poking him on his backside and arms around him definitely wasn't.

Zenitsu woke up with a start.

He strained his ears to hear just who exactly was it who actually put him in a tight spot, not registering in his brain that his favorite sound was quite literally blaring right into his ears. It wasn't until he heard the suspect say something that he suddenly became embarrassed and aware of the somewhat familiar breathing beside his ear.

"...wanna help?"

'It can't really be Tanjirou, right?'

Zenitsu thought and he steeled his guts to peek, face beautifully red. Unfortunately for him, it really was Tanjirou hugging him. Zenitsu covered his overheating face and curled up on himself. Unintentionally, he pressed back against his friend's hard on.

'Now I'm in tighter spot than I was in earlier..... damn, somehow that sounds a little wrong!'

"Mmh... Zenitsu..."

"!!"

Zenitsu couldn't resist his habit of rolling around when stressed while in bed and he elbowed Tanjirou's chest while trying to turn over. Tanjirou groaned and clutched his aching chest. Zenitsu stopped moving altogether, even going so far as to stop breathing. He was sweating profusely in horror.

Tanjirou didn't move anymore after that.

'D- did that kill him? Did I become the murderer of my- whatever he is to me? I killed Tanjirou, FU-'

Suddenly, there was an exclaimation of horror from behind, sounding a little like a crow, and Zenitsu can't ignore it.

Zenitsu turned to check on Tanjirou's situation and he met eyes with him. Tanjirou looked absolutely terrified and Zenitsu wonders if it was his little one poking Tanjirou and not the other way around.

Tanjirou scrambled out of bed like a victim and hit the back of his head on the floor as he fell, making a very loud and concerning noise.

"Ack-!"

Zenitsu watched as Tanjirou continued backing away, not showing signs of being hurt, until he was sticking to the wall. He could hear the erratic beating of the other's heart, and he takes a second to wonder how Tanjirou was still alive and well with how his heart seemed to beat a kilometer per second.

"Tanjirou..." Are you alright?, his unspoken words were delivered through his worried and exaggerated expression.

"NO! I- uh I mean, yes! I-"

Tanjirou answered with all his might using his nerve-wracked brain. It wasn't as useful as he had thought it would be as he kept on repeating his 'I's. After a few more tries of getting a real word out of his mouth and failing miserably, he finally gave up and kept his mouth shut.

Instantly, the room was engulfed by the awkward silence and Zenitsu wished his sense of hearing wasn't heightened, because he suddenly had the urge to laugh despite the situation he woke up in.

'Curse you, man who stepped on dog turd and fell on his butt on another turd! I hope your laundry stinks of it!'

Zenitsu's lips trembled as he steeled himself and opened his mouth to call the younger boy.

"Kamado-kun..."

"I'M SORRY!! I- I swear that wasn't intentional! It wasn't about you and me! That- I mean, we were- you were helping me with planting seeds! Because I was farming!"