i : Sleeping over part 1

This chapter is dedicated to @rhys_kaymin a.k.a me. I love you guys so I'll just stop with asking questions. Who even gives a damn about that? On with the story!

~○~●~○~

Zenitsu

Zenitsu walked through the halls, weaving through bodies of adolescents who were either fooling around or just talking about pointless and useless things.

He was on patrol to see if someone thought of doing something "cool" that would definitely spell trouble for him. After making sure that no one did anything to have him end up with Giyū for an afterschool scolding session, he slowly made his way back to his classroom, passing by Nezuko's room on the way.

"Zenitsu-san!"

Nezuko's voice was heard, soft and feminine. Zenitsu smiled at the sound and reflexively turned around to entertain the pink-eyed kamado. Although his feelings weren't reciprocated, he doesn't feel bad about it. After all, he met her brother, the owner of the kind sound that he wanted to hear for the rest of his life.

"Hello Nezuko-chan! Is something wrong?"

Zenitsu asked and he couldn't be blamed for asking. They rarely talked with each other and calling out his first name, of all things, meant something had to be wrong, right? And if something was wrong, he had to stop it before it gets worse and he gets in trouble for it after school. He doesn't want to stay back just to hear scolding.

Nezuko returned an excited smile before talking. "Zenitsu-san, since tomorrow is Saturday, can you please sleep over at our house? It may sound unreasonable but I promise, I'm not doing this with hidden intentions!"

Zenitsu was taken aback but he absentmindedly nodded, her words barely processed in his brain. "See you tonight then! Nii-chan will be happy!"

Zenitsu pursed his lips and furrowed his brows. Shaking his head with a sigh, he walked back to his classroom while scolding himself inwardly to not accept offers without processing the invitation first.

"You'll really get your brains sucked out from your ears someday at this rate."

Murata shivered at the statement. He warily looked over his shoulder, wanting to find out who said something so creepy and found his friend, Zenitsu. He sighed in relief then as if realization hit him, his hand shot up to his mouth. He covered his mouth with a shocked expression.

'Does he actually hate me???'

Who knew going to a sleep over can cause misunderstandings? While Murata was warily taking glances at Zenitsu, the blond was totally unaware as he sat down on his chair.

'Five more minutes'

Zenitsu thought when he checked his watch. He wasn't excited about this subject. Their teacher was, more or less, the angriest person in the school, if not, in the whole region.

He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and he fished it out to see what it was about.

'An unknown number?'

Zenitsu was scared of messages from unknown numbers, he had heard rumors about getting your phone hacked just by touching your phone or you die after getting a call from Sadako and the likes.

Zenitsu braced himself and opened the message, 'it could be important', he reasoned but to be honest, he was just a curious coward.

__

From: Unknown
Subject: N/A
Hi Zenitsu! It's Tanjirou! Nezuko said you said yes! Btw should I pick you up from your house?

Seen
12:55
__

'Oh, it's just Tanjirou.'

__

To: Tanjirou
Subject: (re)
It's okay. I'll come over myself. How did u get my email?

Sent
12:57
__

After sending out a reply, Zenitsu turned off his phone and put it back in his bag hurriedly. Just then, his angry math teacher slid the door open with a bang.

Zenitsu sighed and braced himself for another math lesson about rational expressions and how to simplify them.

"Stand."

Murata said in front of him and they all did so. Zenitsu tried to make as little noise as possible while standing up. He didn't want to annoy his teacher but it was also for his own good. He didn't want to hear the chair scrape on the floor.

"Bow."

Zenitsu doesn't know how but Murata managed to crack his voice at the end. It wasn't loud enough for the others to notice but Zenitsu definitely did and was on the verge of laughing his ass off. He held it in and bowed as they all greeted their angry math teacher.

"Good afternoon, Shinazugawa-sensei."

"Yeah, afternoon. Go ahead and sit down."

Sanemi grumbled and placed his things on the table. Zenitsu wondered how their teacher wasn't fired yet and how he got accepted in the first place. And with that, his afternoon classes started.

.....

Zenitsu laid on his bed looking at ceiling like it was the most interesting thing in the world. He shot up from bed and started pacing around his room, thinking about what he should do after arriving at the Kamado's house.

Zenitsu decided to cook dinner before leaving. Going to the kitchen, he prepared a simple dinner of tonkatsu and miso soup. He also set the table for two, before calling Jigoro and Kaigaku to eat.

He went back to his room and packed some clothes, his toothbrush, and a towel. He went down and took some of his very old toys, putting them in his bag. He also got a plastic bag and fed Ugoki a.k.a Chuntaro, their bird, before going back to the kitchen.

"Jii-chan, I'm going out. I'm sleeping over at a friend's house."

"You had a friend?" Kaigaku sneered. Zenitsu glared at him.

"Of course I do. I'm not like you." Zenitsu answered.

"I have friends too. I'm sure you know Gyutaro and Daki."

"Duh. How can I not know them? You're always with them."

"Don't fight in front of food. Zenitsu you can go but make sure you get home by tomorrow. Can be any time as long as you come home tomorrow."

"Yes, Jii-chan! Thank you, I'll be going now!"

Zenitsu hurriedly walked to the front door and slipped on his shoes. He went out of the house and he heard a mutter from inside the house.

"Take care and don't die."

It was from Kaigaku and he sighed, hiding his smile like Kaigaku could see it. He started walking towards the Kamado bakery.

•••••

OKAY! Imma put the story on hold! Well kinda on hold. Semi-hiatus maybe cause I got bad grades this grading and I barely got in the ranks ;; I'm not a goody-two-shoes. I just don't want to disappoint my parents for the umpteenth time in the whole 15 years of my life and a scolding from my mom hurts a lot. Like punches to the heart. I'm exaggerating but that's how I want to describe it as.

So what do you guys think about this chapter?

I like it. Kinda. I dunno. Also, I didn't post it earlier cause no one gave me an answer last chapter. Well, I'm not blaming any of you tho. That's just terrible. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading! Votes are appreciated cause I'm not lololol. Jk. I hope you guys are healthy and safe! Have a great day or night! Baiiiiiiii---

Edit: August 25, 2021