i : Kamado Tanjirou

This chapter is dedicated to my fellow TanZen shipper and TanZen child 2 aka my younger sibling (i'm child 1), Kimetsu_love. Check out this kid's stories, they're great!

Edited:Nov. 4, 2020

Edit 2: Aug. 25,2021

~○~●~○~

Zenitsu

Birds chirped as a sign of morning and the blond on bed opened his eyes ever so slowly. He looked at the clock beside him and groaned. 4:21. He got up from his bed ever so slowly and went out to make breakfast and prepare lunch.

"Morning."

A voice from behind greeted and the blond froze up. He took a glance behind him and saw his brother, Kaigaku. He hummed a response before he continued preparing his lunch and breakfast for three.

"Jii-chan said that you should stay this week. Or are you busy going around pleasing those trashy seniors of yours?" Kaigaku glared at him but held his tongue back since he didn't want to cook.

Kaigaku had already finished setting up the table and he sat down on his chair, waiting for breakfast.

"You still playing delinquent, Zenitsu?" Kaigaku asked, wanting to get a little payback for earlier. Zenitsu didn't answer but he placed breakfast on the table with a little more force than necessary, causing the older one to flinch in his chair.

Kaigaku glared but picked up his chopsticks anyway. "Thanks for the meal," Kaigaku muttered, knowing Zenitsu would be able to hear it. Zenitsu closed the lids of their lunch and placed it on the table as he headed back to his room to get ready for school.

Zenitsu glared down at his hands as he let out a frustrated sigh. "Ugh. I wasn't one in the first place. Damn him and his friends." He slapped his cheeks as he groaned and started preparing himself for school in a fierce and angry manner, venting out on the uniform.

He wore his uniform neatly despite the whole venting process. He made sure that his expression was as usual; timid, scared, useless. When he entered the dining room, Jigoro was on his seat, eating with Kaigaku. Zenitsu's lips curled up to a small smile as sat down to eat his breakfast. It was 5:12 by the time he finished eating and washing the dishes.

"I'll be going now! Make sure to lock the door, Jii-chan!" Zenitsu called from the front door. He heard footsteps and expected to see the old man but what he saw was Kaigaku's grumpy face.

"Get your ass out of here and don't cause trouble."

Zenitsu's brows furrowed hearing the words. "What's with that? Can't you use another word for my butt other than ass?" He complained, crossing his arms ontop of his chest.

"Shut up. That's what the old man told me to say. Get the hell out before I beat the crap out of you." Kaigaku took a threatening step towards Zenitsu.

Zenitsu scoffed at him. "You're in college, don't go threatening teenagers, you might get in jail for that." Zenitsu walked out before Kaigaku could reply and with hurried steps, he went to school.

....

He made sure to put his bag in his classroom first before going down to check on the arriving students. Zenitsu sighed as he pondered about his job.

'What use is there for a uniform checking if most of the students here are delinquents? That just doesn't make sense but that spartan of a PE teacher checking uniforms would be saying that it's okay to beat up kids.'