i : Tempura, a boar, and the talking forehead's feelings

This chapter is dedicated to Wolfcat_idk! Since they guessed right but the next question ain't about me so it's O.K!

Edited: Oct 29, 2020

Edit 2: August 25, 2021

~○~●~○~

Zenitsu

Murata looked at Zenitsu with worry in his eyes. He felt that something was wrong with him lately. Murata hesitated before asking the overly happy Zenitsu beside him. The whole class was looking in their direction and Murata started feeling uncomfortable.

"Zenitsu..." he called out and Zenitsu hummed in acknowledgement. "Did you finally snap after all of Tomioka's smacks? I could take you to see Kochou-sensei." He suggested but he looked like he was ready to drag him away to the infirmary at any second now.

Zenitsu looked at him like he was crazy and was horrified by the suggestion. "I'm totally fine! Do I look crazy to you?! FYI, Tomioka-sensei only scolded me today!" There was silence before Murata sighed and rubbed his temples like he had a headache.

"Sadly for you, you do look crazy to me and Tomioka not smacking you today is not the point." Murata ignored his friend's screech of a protest and continued.

Murata looked down at the fish in Zenitsu's hands. "Who are you preparing a tempura feast for? Sensei only told us to make five fried tempura. And what's with the fish? Are you cooking your lunch here?"

Zenitsu looked down at what he was cooking and it definitely wasn't just the fried tempura his teacher told them to cook, he was also preparing fish. He looked at the plate beside him that held a lot of tempura stacked into a small mountain and his jaw dropped.

"Gyaaaaaa!!!" His screech rung throughout the school and Murata covered his mouth in a hurry to stop him. The teacher glared at them and Zenitsu flinched. "Uh... sorry." Zenitsu apologized and packed the tempura, leaving only five on the plate.

'I'll give this to Nezuko-chan! Or maybe if possible, to Tanjirou. Nezuko-chan or Tanjirou?'

Zenitsu debated who to give it to while cleaning up and passing his tempura to his teacher with Murata behind him. While unconsciously walking to their next class with a chattering Murata beside him. After a lot of debating with his inner self, happily decided.

'Tanjirou it is!'

....

Lunch

Zenitsu and Murata sat down on the rooftop with both of their lunches in hand. "Aren't you going to take out your tempura feast?" Murata asked shoving in food to his mouth. "What? No way! That's for-" as Zenitsu started talking, Murata's phone buzzed and he held up a hand to Zenitsu and the blond stared at the hand until Murata opened his mouth.

"Shut up for a second." Murata tried to read the message but Zenitsu was having none of that. His feelings were hurt! "You little piece of- gimme that!"

"Who is this person that's more important than me, your friend?!"

Zenitsu took Murata's phone away and read the message.

______

From: Stupid boar
Subject: it's Tanjirou
Inosuke wants to visit your school. I'm coming to visit Nezuko too. See you at lunch.
10:42am

Seen
_____

Zenitsu read the message again and again until it got snatched away from his hands. Murata was weirded out by his reaction.