˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Poetry Results: Winners

If you don't see your book, comment inline here!

Regret of a Girl
By rewanashi

Total: 64/70

This book of poetry was a tad bit dark at first, but then it got happily reminiscent. The way you told a deep story through poetry was amazing and I felt like I was in another world. The writing style, cover, and overall flow of it were wonderful and well-done. Something to work on is your punctuation because, throughout the book, I noticed that commas weren't spaced out. Usually, commas are spaced out by adding a space before the second clause to connect the two clauses together. My final word to you is to keep writing and improving because you have that great ability for storytelling.

Shades of Reality
By NinoLahiffe101

Total: 61/70

This compilation of poems was absolutely lovely but deep, heartfelt, and full of emotion that almost made me weep. As an editor myself, I can tell you that the vocabulary, flow, use of literary devices, and writing style were excellent and right on point. One suggestion I have is to make the blurb and cover stand out more. Your cover was beautiful, but the title on it was hard to focus on even though it was large, and slightly blended in. As for the blurb, it gave a general idea of what the book was about, but it lacked an interesting hook like a quote, song lyric, excerpt from one of your poems, etc to draw in readers. All in all, keep on writing because you have the fantastic ability to evoke emotion in your poetry and I'm definitely looking forward to reading your future work.

Blue Lavender
By akshitaspoetry

Total: 67/70

This book was lovely, bittersweet, and dark all the way through. The cover, title, blurb, and writing style were superb and eloquent. Your vocabulary and flow were *chefs kiss* and very well done. I did notice a few grammar errors, but it was minor and can be easily fixed by going through it again and reading it out loud. If it sounds weird when you say it out loud, then you should probably change the wording. Don't let this stop you though, you are a prominent writer with an excellent vocabulary, so keep on writing.

Lacher Prise
By happysnowfeet 

Total: 66/70

This work was full of the sadness and bittersweetness of a breakup and lost love, but also of strength proving that you're a survivor. The cover, blurb, flow, title, writing style, and punctuation were excellent and of very good quality. However, I did notice some minor grammar and spelling mistakes, but you can easily fix this by spell-checking the poems and reading them out loud. If it sounds weird when you say it out loud, then you should probably change the wording. Putting lyrics in writing could be risky, but I believe they at the end were a nice touch and a great closing. Overall, you're a great writer who puts sincerity and feeling in your poetry, so keep on writing. 

Something's Left
By papersxpen

Total: 66/70

I love the sincerity and the authenticity in your poem. It was raw and unique, and your writing style was distinctly your own. I love the depth and the thoughts you put into your poem. They flow very well. However, I do suggest working a bit on your cover—maybe getting one from a cover shop—and finessing your grammar a bit, so that the overall read is perfect. In the big picture, I loved this book, and found it lovely.