˚ ✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ | Short Story Results: Winners

The Inevitable Gaze
By xx-ni-kx

Total: 4/10

I like the central plot of this story but it feels a bit rushed and cliche.Add some character development. People don't fall in love in two seconds! Change the way the characters look at each other. Person 1 might look at Person 2 and think of them as a crazy random stranger in the first chapter, but near the last chapters, Person 1 might think of Person 2 as a friend. Don't rush things and try to add in more descriptive detail.
Give them personality traits. Give them a certain personality because at first, one of your characters seemed like the typical annoyed and rebellious teen but as soon as she bumped into someone she became a stuttering, nervous mess. This seemed a bit confusing since it wasn't at all what you relayed in the first chapter.
Good plot and I like the idea of it but try to think out your characters more as if they're real people and add a bit of detail and depth to your writing. Try to add a bit of original characters interactions too because it felt like a typical "bumping-in-to-the-love-interest-who-is-the-neighbor-and-supposed-new-kid-at-the one-school-and-falling-in-love-with-them-while-having-them-invite-you-to-coffee" :D

Sated
By LynaForge

Total: 9/10

I love the book but here are a few suggestions :D 

-Try not to get too repetitive with your words. I've noticed that you use amazing wording but sometimes the beginning of your paragraphs can feel A BIT repetitive.
 - I've noticed that you start a lot of your sentences with "but" a lot. Using "but" or "And" at the beginning of sentences is perfectly okay but try not to get too repetitive! You can occasionally start sentences with those two words, but your sentences might feel too short or emotionless so try to connect your two small sentences into one long one. :)
- I know most of the words are the characters thoughts but try to add a bit of emotion to them? Make use of question and exclamation marks. The thoughts are not nearly as organized but it's understandable since you are telling a story. Try to make your character stop in the middle of a thought or rethink himself? Maybe add a bit of doubt or hesitance to his words?

Overall, I loved the story writing style! Keep up the great work and maybe keep some of my suggestions in mind if you would like it. :D

I Witnessed a Murder
By themysteryisme975

Total: 8/10

Really good! I love the rising tension and the sudden realization of what happened. I love how the character was a little slow to investigate, making me relate to myself, instead of jumping up to check like they do in mystery movies. Maybe try to add a little more descriptive detail? That's all I really have, the story is amazing!

Everything Under the Sun 
By winnie_loves_honey

Total: 9/10

I love it. The shorts are amazing, the ideas are amazing, the vibe it gives is amazing, but there's only one thing you may want to consider. And a liiiittle more descriptive vocabulary. I love how you make the stories RELATABLE and how you phrase each sentence but your shorts seem to go bye just a bit too quickly. And a bit of descriptive vocabulary to expand on a feeling so you can make them relate even more! Maybe add a bit more "!?." Stuff like that? You've improved a lot with each short story and I hope you consider my advice but other than that, you did great and never give up what you love to do most :)