Chapter 14

I quietly put my cup down, trailing behind the man that was striding quickly in front of me.

"Jay, you need to slow down," I whine as we make our way through the crowd. "You're moving too fast."

"Keep up before you make it worse," he threatened.

I pause and blink twice.

Make it worse? Why am I even in trouble? What did I even do?

I shake the thoughts from my head and run after my upset boyfriend. He disappears into a room and I follow suit, not paying attention to the where.

I walk in and see the many stalls and urinals. The bathroom Jay... really? I turn my ass right back around in an attempt to leave, just in time to see Jay lock the door. I stand in my space, frozen at the look he then gives me.

Anger has taken over his features but not in like a pissed off kind of way, and in my tipsy stupor, I can't decipher it. He stalks toward me and I can't help but back up until my back hits the wall behind me.

"You don't seem to listen do you?" He asks sarcastically.

"Listen? What did you even say?" I ask in confusion.

"You must be in the business of giving attention to alk the men that want you," he rolls.

"Who wants me?" I respond back. "You're worried about other men and you've barely spoken two words to me all night. Nobody wants me. And Simon was just being cordial. Don't be so dramatic." He presses a hand above my head in a domineering fashion. I sink further into the wall, feeling so small under his gaze.

"Don't be dramatic?!"

"He only asked me to tutor him. He may have been a little flirty but it wasn't anything serious."

"He asked for your number!" He seethed.

"He also asked my Instagram which is what I would've given him! Do you not trust me?!" I yelled. His features softened a little and he leaned back slightly with a sigh, using a hand to caress my face.

"Of course I trust you! It's these other guys I don't trust. " He grit. "I've been them before, I know how the game gets played."

I wrapped both of my hands around the hand holding my cheek and rubbed my face against it.

"I'm your girlfriend Jay and if you were so worried about other men talking to me, you shouldn't've left me by myself all night." My sweet sentiment quickly turned sour as I remembered how I watched him ignore me. The alcohol in my system burned at my emotions, forcing me to drop my hands and shove pass him. I walked back to the exit, angrier than I probably should've been.

I reached for the lock but once again found myself trapped. Jay covered my exit, holding me hostage against the door.

"Move Jay," I turned, no longer in the mood for his shit.

"Grace, w-" he starts.

"Nah Jay it's cool. You haven't really been worried about me all night. Go back to entertaining the bitches, that's where you'd rather be anyway," I cursed. I felt a hand wrap around my throat. No pressure had been applied and I knew I wasn't in danger but it certainly caught me off guard.

"Who are you talking to?" He chewed out. I was testing his patience but he could kiss my ass for all I cared. I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of backing down.

"I'm talking to your dumbass, obviously. Now let me go and go back to your other bitches." I began to feel the pressure build against my throat.

He scoffed but leaned beside my ear, his voice deathly calm.