Chapter 3

I woke up early the next day. Or at least my version of early. Honestly, it was a little after 11 when I got up but hey, it was still morning so I could call it what I wanted.

The only thoughts in my head were wash that hair and be the baddest bitch possible. Since I had the capabilities, I quickly ate some breakfast and then went to work on my hair.

Detangling didn't take too long, especially since my deep conditioner had so much slip. About an hour and half later, I emerged from the shower, hair the squeakiest of cleans. I wrapped myself in my towel and proceeded to continue doing my hair. I don't know how long most black women's wash days take but mine could actually take forever. I gave myself a nice side part, grabbed my Aunt Jackie's Curling Gel, and I spent the next hour meticulously working the gel through my hair. My curls sprang to life with bounce and definition.

I took a lunch break at 3, watched an episode of Korean Odyssey, then got started on my make up. I did something light, nothing too fancy. Some blue accents in my eyeshadow to go with my outfits, with a pinch of a reflective white in the inner corners of my eyes for a little pizzazz. Time quickly passed and before I knew it, it was 5pm and I still wasn't ready.

Girl hurry!!! I thought to myself. They gone think you're a stereotypical black girl and we don't want that!

I started rushing. I threw on some 25mm lashes, silver hoops, some brown lip liner with a clear gloss on. I put on this cute, smokey crop top with black high waisted bootcut jeans and some 1s and ran out the door.

I made it Su Noraebang late as hell. I found out where they were and went in that room. I texted Soo which room it was, just in case she was late too... and knowing her, she probably was.

I walked into the room and it was as if the world had stopped and I was the cause. There was looks of confusion all through out the room.

"Grace," Exclaimed Jay. He got up from his seated position and gave me a hug.

"Guys, this is my new friend, Grace," he introduced in English. "Grace, this is Sik-K, Jessi, pH1, and Golden."

I stood there like a deer in headlights, shy and amazed.

"I'm shook," I admitted. "But like in a good way, please don't me wrong." I went and shook everyone's hand.

"My friend is probably going to lose her shit when she gets here. She was just telling me about some of you guys literally yesterday."

"Is that right?" Chuckled pH1.

"Ne. I'm surprised that you have such famous friends, Jay." He didn't say anything, he just smiled at me in response. However, the looks I received from the rest of the room had me a little on edge.

"Erm, so um Jessi, do you do music too?"

"Yes, I do," she replied. "Here's the mic Gold."

"Well that's so cool. How long have you been in the industry?"

"Arounddd..." She gave me a real good thinking face then said, "Tennnnn years ?? Yeah that sounds about right. 10 years-ish, give or take."

"Wow," I said amazed. I pulled out my phone and quickly texted Soo to hurry her ass up. "I don't really know what to say... guess I'm a little nervous." I looked at Jay and he was still all smiles.

"Who would've known you were friends with such talented people, Jay. Yesterday, I was the Apple House and there was a hoard of girls screaming after your friends."

"So you seen us yesterday?" Asked Golden.

"No," I answered. "I just heard the girls screaming but couldn't figure what they were talking about. I'm a Kdrama kind of girl. Never really got into the Korean music scene." I smiled sheepishly.