Prologue

Southern Liang Kingdom slowly emerged as one of the kingdoms in Northern-Southern Dynasties; flourished in literature, culture and religion, years after its establishment as a nation. Its founder was Emperor Wu, whose nickname was "The Bodhisattva Emperor" and the one who compiled the Buddhist text of "Emperor Liang Jeweled Repentance" or "Repentance Dharma of Kindness and Compassion in the Bodhimanda". It was during his reign that the new kingdom saw stability in all aspects.

Religious and illustrious as he was seen by his people; ironically, nobody knew that Emperor Wu had two major flaws in his life: he was a bloodthirsty vampire and crazy over his Imperial Concubine Ding only!

Ding Huiru was utmost irritated. Out of blue, she was time-traveled, didn't even have time to rest and settle her mind, already deal with troubles. On the shoulder of a 14-year-old girl, Ding Huiru who assumed the identity of Ding Lingguang carried a huge burden of a destiny that had befallen on the girl since birth. Young she might be but she was already trapped in the historical web of endless political conflicts, discord among the members of the imperial family, collusion within the government officers and jealousy rife among the women surrounding her life.

This is a legend told through many generations; about a forlorn modern lass, whose life incorporated with interesting fate of an ancient body, becoming the Southern Liang's most beloved imperial consort.

Credit the photo to Markus Winkler from Pixabay