Chapitre 7: Door to Destiny ~ Ding Lingguang's Momentous Wedding~

"Mendacious! Liar! Deceiver!!!!" Childe Wei Deming threw those words directly to Huiru's face, torturing her heart greatly; his countertenor voice was high in his lungs; his face was reddened as hotness flushed under the skin and his body was shaking tremendously as his hand grabbed the wrist of the girl tightly. He was in deep enragement. Huiru was struggling with all her might to loosen her hand from the first son of Wei family's grip but her attempt was in vain.

"You hurt me, Deming ge ge!" cried the doctor between her grapple to let her hand free from the man's strong grip. Hot tears fell down from the edge of her phoenix-shaped eyes, slowly streaming down on her pinkish, soft cheeks. Childe Wei was at the Ding residence, meeting Huiru at the family garden during the early hour of si time.

It was only two days ago that the Ding family went to seek audience with the wealthy Wei family, sending back a white goose which symbolized the marriage proposal from the bridegroom's family and also wedding gifts from the Wei's. The Weis were outrageously angry at the action taken by the Ding family; feeling humiliated all along and at the same being cheated. Many families were hoping that their daughter became the Wei's daughter-in-law, but their hopes had been crashed when the wealthiest family in the Yong Province decided to pursue the wedding engagement six years ago, on the day Ding Lingguang celebrated her 8th birthday.

Everyone would definitely have detested any promise, specially an engagement to bring two mutual, affectionate hearts together in a holy matrimony. The Weis could not comprehend as why the Dings broke the engagement in order to accept the wedding gifts from the newly promoted Governor of Yong Province. They blamed the Dings for not able to keep true to their words, being disgraced by the people if the family or their servants walked on the streets, ruining their businesses as people blamed the family for being snobbish all these years for they had their means for marrying the young doctor. All because the Weis had used their influence to stop men from queueing up in front the Ding's door, telling the whole world that Ding Lingguang would be their potential bride.

On the other hand, some people were gossiping about the relationship between their governor and the Ding family. The Ding family which had a reputation of being a family of humble and full of dignity was now seen as a power-hungry family, manipulating the handsome governor with lustful and amorous way by presenting their only daughter to be his concubine, aside from Ding Lingguang's promising pre-destined future. Ding Lingguang was no longer regarded as a beauty with brain but a seductress, vixen, whore or bitch – any name befitted a status of a bad woman in relationship with a married man.

"Do not address me so casually, Ding gu niang! After all this embarrassment, show me more of what you are capable of, you vixen! How did you seduce the governor?!" Childe Wei said as he kept on retaining his grasp on Huiru's delicate hand.

"What else do you want me to say, Wei gongzi? Never in my life had I done such a dishonourable act, what 's more seducing a legally wedded man! I met him only once, and a week later he asked my father for my hand in marriage!"

"This isn't you and your family, Ding gu niang! We've known each other for years, and even had promised for marriage! How could your family decide otherwise when our marriage's date is approaching?"

"Our affinity ended already, Wei gongzi. There's nothing to speak or discuss on this matter any further," Ding Huiru said coolly as she rubbed her hand that was reddened from the tight grip of the young Childe Wei.

Enraged by those words spoken by the young doctor, Childe Wei clenched his hand tightly while closing his eyes and biting his lips to keep the pressure of his anger to himself. He took a very deep breath before he let it out and even let off Huiru's small hand. "What did you say? How can you say as such so calm like nothing happen between us??? Ding gu niang, I can't believe that you're such an insensitive person!"