Chapitre 6: Shocking Confession, Bold Decision ~ Entangled Fate~

~A few days later after the arrival of the new Governor of Yong Province,

The old Mr. Ding was running hastily as he made his way into his house, his voice was high from calling both his wife and daughter. Mrs. Ding and Huiru went to approach the old man at the living hall.

"What is it, langjun? Don't scare us, will you?" asked his wife in puzzlement.

"The...The Governor...He...," muttered old Mr. Ding.

"What is it, fuqin? Tell us quick!" demanded Huiru as she was curious to know, yet deep down in her heart, she could sense something uneasy was coming in her way.

"The governor is sending a marriage proposal to us! He wanted to marry our Lingguang!" Mr. Ding blurted out the most shocking news to his family.

"What???!!!!" cried both Mrs. Ding and Huiru in surprise.

Oh yes! Here comes the most anticipated chance! Ding Lingguang, I will definitely make you destiny comes true! Said Huiru in her heart.

"But...But...What about the Wei family?" asked Mrs. Ding.

"The governor said that he was smitten with our daughter's beauty and intelligence for he hasn't seen such a brilliant girl in his entire life. He was captivated with our daughter, and that's why he is about to send to us luxurious gifts and also bringing marriage proposal later. I'm not sure how we are going to deal with engagement to Wei family and also facing proposal from the governor. What do you think, qianzi?" asked Mr. Ding.

"Fuqin, I don't want to marry this polygamous governor. He has a wife and even concubines. Why on earth he wants me to become his concubine whereas I will be the principal wife of Mr. Wei when I marry him?" said Huiru in her strong opposition voice tone.

I need to act as if I object this marriage. The Dings will be curious if I agree to marry Xun Yongjun out of blue.

Mr. and Mrs. Ding scolded Huiru for interfering with marriage matters, after all this delicate matter has always been the decision made by the parents or elders during ancient times. Young girls, especially did not have any say regardless of any reason to object marriage or becoming pawns in the political game of their male members of the family in obtaining power and wealth. The couple asked Huiru to go back to her room. Once she had left the living hall, the old Mr. Ding and his wife started to discuss. But, unknown to the couple, the young girl went to hid herself beneath a window, eavesdropping the couple's conversation.

"Langjun, do you still remember about the prophecy when Guang er was born?" asked Mrs. Ding and her husband replied with a slow nod.

"Of course, qianzi, because Lingguang is 14 years old this year. According to the prophecy, Lingguang will marry a great man who enters Yong Province when she turns 14 and she will rise high in the sky as a phoenix."

"I heard that this new governor is an awesome person, not only have good looks but also has achieved many merits and achievements while he is still young. So, I bet that he is the man that was mentioned in the prophecy. But we already know that he has a wife and many concubines. I'm afraid for Lingguang, afraid that she will be abandoned by her husband like the other concubines. You know how capable our daughter when it comes to managing a household."

"But then...What the governor said to me was like this...." said Mr. Ding as he recalled his memory of meeting the new Governor of Yong Province that morning.

***********************************************

(flash back)

Mr. Ding was checking figures in an account book when the handsome, newly-promoted Governor of Yong Province, Xiao Yan came into his office. The old man stood up from his seat to pay a respect towards the governor, but Xiao Yan raised his right hand to halt Mr. Ding from doing so to excuse all the formalities. Mr. Ding ushered the governor to the right wing of the office whereby a seating set for two with a small table on the long seating was located between the seats.

Always in Your Heart Through Times ~Yīnyuán hóngxiàn~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें