Chapitre 4 : A Letter of Predicament ~Consequential Existence ~

Fourth Year of Jianwu

Second month, First Day

Peace treaty with Northern Wei was sealed 8 years ago and we've been living in peace since. However, internal political situation isn't as stable as people enjoying lives in the provinces. Despite that, more political threats were wiped off in the most bizarre manner. I pity those who've had lost their lives because of their fate, but sometimes I wonder if these people are really a threat to the others. Is a human's life being a price you need to pay to enjoy an undisturbed life?

"Lingguang mentioned about Northern Wei in her letter. If my memory serves me right, the only era Northern Wei kingdom existed was during Northern-Southern Dynasties. There were several kingdoms emerged but they didn't exist at the same time. If I'm not mistaken, the kingdoms that existed almost simultaneously as Northern Wei were Liu-Song or Southern Qi. So, I need to find out the exact kingdom and the year I am now," said Huiru as she tried to gather some basic information regarding the history of ancient China.

I need to streamline all the information, so I need paper and pen. Eh...Argh, there's no pen here, only brush and ink. Gosh, I've to prepare the ink first before I can start writing.

The young doctor quickly searched for ink brush, ink, paper, and inkstone after she put the papers containing the writing of Ding Lingguang aside on the study table. She drew a long line on a piece of paper using a wooden brush and ink, writing down everything she thought in her mind on it smoothly as if she was used to write using ancient tools.

Mama, thank you for forcing your daughter to learn calligraphy back then, though everything you do is to ensure that I had been equipped with necessary education suitable to become some rich people's tai tai. Can't believe that this skill is handy at such time like this! (smile drawn on Huiru's face as she continued to write).

Huiru leaned her back on the backrest of the chair as her eyes scanned the writing on the paper, stimulating her brain's reticular activating system to bring information to be processed by the brain. I will use this as a guideline to fill in necessary information in future, perhaps through this way I'll be able to figure out how to go back to my original world.

The young girl placed the brush on the inkstone and picked Ding Lingguang's papers to continue her reading.

On a different note, fuqin and muqin had started removing my medicine books away from me so that I can focus on marriage. Muqin put me to read the "books" since the beginning of the month, a few months after I've turned into a full-fledged woman. Never I imagined that I would marry Deming Ge Ge. A young man who is the first son of the richest businessman in the Xiangyang, a man who has kept three women at his side as his concubines. An heir to a wealthy man, Mr. Wei Yide whose appearance will make all the girls in the city fall on their knees. In addition, he is full of knowledge on numbers, literature, classics and excellent in horse riding. I wonder why this man never interested to join the public service.

Well...Whenever I think about marriage, my mind would always redolent about a peculiar story surrounding my birth. Sometimes I will question myself whether Deming Ge Ge decided to marry me because of myself or because he believed words said by some soothsayers. Fuqin and muqin once told me that I was a special girl, who was born with strange light on her forehead with purple aura surrounded her. How orthodox they were to fall for words of an old oracle, telling them I was destined to become a woman of a living golden dragon with purple aura who would come to the capital of Yong when I turn 14. I'll be glorifying the family with the birth of three dragons with two of them have small crowns on their heads and together with him, we would rule the world. And due to that light, I was named as Lingguang.