6

George's POV

A week had passed and George hadn't seen or heard from Clay.

But, George wasn't actively looking for the prince, if anything he was trying to avoid him.

The next event in the tournament was tomorrow and George was just about to go to bed when he heard a thump at his window.

George quickly pulled his shirt over his head, as he was in the middle of changing, and pulled back his window's curtains. He didn't see anything so he turned back around. Another thump rang out and George opened the window in frustration.

He saw Clay standing below, waving playfully at him. George rolled his eyes and flipped Clay off, closing his window. Another thump hit George's window and he groaned in frustration.

George reluctantly changed out of his pajamas and went to confront the prince. He walked to where Clay was on the ground, but the prince wasn't there.

Suddenly, his vision was cut off and someone whispered into his ear, "Boo."

George yelped in surprise and shoved the hands off his face. He turned around and met Clay's wheezing figure.

"What is wrong with you?!" George whisper-yelled.

Clay's wheezing slowed and he took a breath, a grin growing on his face, as he said, "I'm taking you for a drink, like I promised."

"No," George said, "I'm going back to bed."

"You were sleeping?"

"No, I was about to, when you so rudely interrupted me changing."

Clay's eyes lit up, "You were changing?"

George rolled his eyes. "Yes. Now let me go sleep."

"You have the rest of your life to sleep! Now, c'mon let's have some fun."

"I'm not drinking the night before an event, Clay, geez, it's like you don't want me to win," George teased.

Clay's grin faltered, "Oh, I didn't think about that... just one then. You can have one drink. That's it. No more, you won't get drunk. Trust me."

George thought for a moment, slipping his hand in his pocket to grip his new salt crystal, which was next to the rock he picked up at the beach. His mother supplied him with several crystals, so George was prepared. He felt better, knowing that he had it in his pocket.

If he went into town with Clay, the voice wouldn't appear at all, most likely. Because of the strong salt in the air from the harbor.

George hesitated before replying, "Fine, I'll come with, but that doesn't mean I'll drink."

Clay nodded eagerly. "Let's go then!"

"Just us?" George questioned.

"Yep. Just me and you and you and me alone."

George scoffed at the prince's earnest stare and looked away. Clay grabbed his hand and started pulling George into the city.

George's mouth gaped at their interconnected hands. He tried tugging his hand away, but Clay held on firmly, humming as they walked.

George sighed reluctantly and relaxed. He walked with Clay quietly, listening to the prince's movements. He kept glancing to where their hands were connected, feeling his cheeks heat up.

Why am I feeling like this? George wasn't into guys... right?

Clay caught one of his glances and looked at George with a smirk. "Enjoying the walk?"