hard day | p.p

summary: cuddling with peter after he has a hard day at patrol.

warnings: tired petey :( + fluff !

a/n: haven't posted for pete in a hot min, enjoy this lil fluffy piece! <3

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・。.・゜✭・.・✫

The noise of your window sliding open grasped your attention, pulling it away from the current book you were immersed in and onto your spandex-clad boyfriend who came in through the window, sliding it down once again. You smiled as his flushed face and unruly, messy locks came into view when he took off his mask, throwing it on your bedside table carelessly.

"Hey, Pete," You greeted him with a warm smile which he reciprocated with a weak one - filled with lethargy and weariness of which you instantly took notice.

Peter pressed the spider emblem in the center of his suit as it pooled around his feet, leaving him in only his boxers. He quickly climbed into your bed, as you happily spread your arms out for him to settle in them. He rested his head in the crook of your shoulder as your hands tangled themselves in his slightly damp - from sweat - yet soft, brown curls, scratching his scalp gently at which he hummed in content. Peter's hot breath fanned over your exposed neck, as he took deep peaceful breaths. "Hard day, baby?" You asked, turning your head and leaning in to press a kiss to his forehead. He only hummed in response, cuddling into you further, your sweet scent hitting his nose, as he took it all in, a sense of comfort washing over him like a river breaking a dam and flowing through.

You decided not to make any conversation, as Peter was seemingly out of it and rested comfortably against you. Instead, you picked up your previously discarded book, opening it to the page you left it on, your eyes once again skimming over the pages.

"Princess?" Peter's softy spoke up, pulling you out of your reading bliss.

"Yeah?"

"I love you." He mumbled, a dopey grin on his face, his eyes displayed tiredness yet his orbs swam in fondness and adoration for you. The tenderness of his words flood your body with warmth, an affectionate smile gracing your lips.

"I love you too." He leaned up and pressed his lips against yours, capturing you in a sweet kiss, moving his lips lazily and only pulling away when your lungs burned for oxygen.

Peter once again buried his head in your neck and his eyes soon grew heavy, the fatigue taking over him slowly, inch by inch. The only sounds now heard in your room were the sound of his soft snores, and the sound of pages being flipped occasionally by you, which added to the ambiance, making it somehow even more comfortable. That night - like many others - Peter slept in peace, basking in the feeling of being wrapped up in the arms of his lover.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・。.・゜✭・.・✫