a sweet encounter | tsh

summary ↠ you meet tom on a damp day, and only hope you meet again. and you do. a new beginning right where it all kicked off—at your bakery.

genre ↠ bakery!au | baker!reader | meet cute | strangers to lovers | slight angst | ~tension~ | fluff galore

warnings ↠ cursing, little suggestive, mentions of thunderstorm, clubbing, drinking (its tom lmao).

w/c ↠ 6.5k

a/n ↠ there are a lot of changes between pov's! just flagging incase ya'll don't think i lost my groove lmao. i'm a little nervous about this fic because this is by far my longest piece ever. so i hope ya'll enjoy and share your thoughts pls!! <3 

*:·゚✧*:·゚✧ *:·゚✧*:·゚✧ *:·゚✧*:·゚✧*:

Tom's life was hectic and stressful. Being an actor wasn't an easy feat. Whenever he had a day off from work—which is rare—he cherished them. Taking a simple walk around the open air mall, he took a slight detour, resulting in him in buying quite a few pairs of clothes for himself, just taking in all the scenery he'd seen a million times before but it never failed to give a sense of home as he roams around, his honey eyes glancing over the same shops he'd seen before.

The sky was clouded by a few dark, gloomy clouds but Tom didn't pay much mind to it, the sweet smell of petrichor was hitting his nose with every breath he takes and it brings over a wash of serenity and tranquility as he walks, a gentle smile on his lips. He was really enjoying his day.

That came to an end when the sky seemed to get darker and a sudden crack of thunder sounds in the air and within seconds it was raining heavily.

The rain droplets hit Tom's face harshly, as he let out a groan internally at the thought of being drenched, and having wet clothes stick to him, and quickly he turns in the direction of the parking lot.

The downpour seemed to get heavier by tenfold. The droplets patter against Tom's skin, the water beginning to seep through his curls, effectively bringing down the usually fluffy curls to his forehead, the strands of hair sticking to his head made him quickly run a hand through his hair to push them back, as he could feel the water drizzle into his eyes making his vision blurry.

Making a turn, it dawns upon Tom that the parking lot is too far from his current destination and he would be completely soaked by the time he had reached his car—he could already feel his clothes sporting small patches of water and his tanned arms are already wet from the exposure.

Knowing he had no choice but to take home in one of the shops until the rain fades, he looks around in utter desperation for any form of shelter to protect him from the cold, pelting rain.

His eyes finally land on a bakery that looks seemingly inviting.

The Sugar Fix.

His first instinct is to rush inside the quaint bakery.

He pushes the door open, and the sweet, delectable aroma of various sugary treats hits his nose, along with the slight chill that comes from the air vents; making him shiver. He sniffles, pushing his partially dry curls back.

He seats himself on a table nearby, placing his shopping bags beside him.

Tom finally takes a proper look around the little bakery. It's new, he can tell, there aren't many people around, and also the fact that he's never seen it before despite having visited the open-air mall nearly a million times. He knows every nook and cranny, but this cozy bakery—the walls painted with warm nude tones, lit up with gentle white LED's, accessorized modernly, and a gentle tune coming through the speakers, only about four employees to be seen—has recently been open, concludes, and he was intrigued.