first date jitters | p.p

genre: fluff, stark!reader || warnings: nervous petey, switches to peter's pov for a paragraph towards the end!

prompt: "half the time i'm too embarrassed to say anything."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・。.・゜✭・.・✫

Peter was exceptionally quiet, and it made you worry.

You thought maybe it was the first date nerves. You both had them, and clearly, you could tell.

You took a deep breath up, composing yourself knowing it was just Peter - the sweet, kind, dorky, Peter who you spent late nights with working on improving his suit in your fathers lab, was the same Peter you fell for. Whereas Peter seemed to be on edge, rapidly tapping his feet under the table. Looking at anywhere but you.

You thought that maybe he was regretting his decision of taking you out which made your heart pang with hurt, but you didn't know how to bring it up.

For your date, you two had decided on going to a simple Thai restaurant, where he and May often went.

Peter's food stayed untouched, as he did all but eat and the tension in the air was thick enough to be pierced with a knife.

You finally broke the silence, clearing your throat and speaking up, "Uh, so, you alright?"

Peter seemed to snap out of his little trance, as his sweet brown eyes made contact with yours for the first time in the night, "Oh, me?" He raises his brown, taking a deep breath and plastering a tight-lipped smile, "I'm absolutely fine."

You knew he was lying. You didn't know what was the reason, and your chest tightened. You decided to tell him what was on your mind with a heavy heart.

"We can, uh, we can go back if you aren't enjoying this, or don't wanna do this anymore, it's fine," You muttered, ducking away from his gaze, feeling your heart crack.

"What? No, no, I want this!" He quickly replied, his brows furrowed into a frown. You simply nod, taking a sip of your water, to swallow the lump of disappointment.

"I just..." He began and your eyes are back on the brunette boy who's fiddling with his fingers, "I really really like you Y/N but...half the time I'm just too embarrassed to say anything, and now I'm here with you, and you look so so pretty, that I just don't know what to say and-" Before Peter could ramble on, you quickly got up from your seat, leaning over the table and pressed a kiss on his lips, butterflies erupted in your stomach.

Peter was positive he was going to faint when he felt your lips on his. His bliss was taken away when you pulled away and sat down.

You sit back down with a shy smile, as Peter looked at you, mouth agape, "I really like you too."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・。.・゜✭・.・✫