dressing up for you | t.h

genre: fluff || warnings: reader being worried for tom

prompt: "i've been trying to get ready for like an hour and a half, because i know you're going to look so good and I need to try and match up."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・。.・゜✭・.・✫

Tonight is date night, or at least you think it is.

Date nights are super important for you and Tom, seeing as you're both working people busy with your work, one more than the other sometimes. Tom hasn't yet picked you up and with passing time, you're growing worried that you'll lose the reservations and most importantly wondering if something has gone south on Tom's end, and you can feel anxiety bubble up in the pit of your stomach.

You press the facetime button below Tom's name, and when he doesn't pick up, you feel the anxiousness bubble more. You heave a sigh of relief when he finally picks up the fourth time.

"Hey, babe," He said while putting on a button-up, before taking it off and casting it aside - you couldn't help but let your eyes linger on his toned stomach before snapping your gaze back to his face when he grabbed a black t-shirt this time and slipped it on. Shaking his head, he takes it off again, tutting to himself.

"Hey, Tom," You replied, confusion clouding your head, seeing as Tom was getting ready whereas he should've been at your doorstep and you two would've been off to the restaurant. "Uh, whatcha doing?" You finally asked, feeling some sort of relief knowing he was okay.

He picked up his phone, his handsome face now clearer, "Oh, just y'know, getting ready for the date night." He mutters, running a hand through his brown locks, his eyes moving around the room.

"Well, there won't be a date night if you don't show up, babe, we're already way past the reserved time." You giggled as he sighed.

"I know, I was just trying to look good for you." He gave you a tight-lipped smile, and best down, probably to pick up another piece of clothing for him to put on.

Your heart fluttered, a smile playing at your lips, "Look good for me?"

He nodded, "I've been trying to get ready for like an hour and a half because I know you're going to look so good and I need to try and match up." He said - almost shyly, and you could see the blush on his cheeks.

Warmth spread around in your body, as you ducked your head down, away from his view to conceal the beaming smile on your face, before coming back in the frame, the smile on your lips everlasting, "Tom, you always look good okay? You could be wearing a garbage bag, yet you'd look handsome to me because...I love you."

Butterflies danced in your stomach at the radiant smile Tom gave you, "But please, don't wear a garbage back though, yeah?" You chuckled, making heavy laughter escape from his throat.

"Yeah, yeah." He shook his head playfully, "I'll be over in a bit yeah? What about you and me just cuddle and watch movies?" He suggested, and you were more than happy with staying in as long as you had Tom.

"Sounds perfect."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・。.・゜✭・.・✫