Zack Merrick [Kaitlyn]

--Kaitlyn's POV--

"Hey sis, have I ever told you that I really love your hair?" My brother said, flashing me his most charming grin. I glared at him.

"Cut the crap and tell me what you want," I said simply. He blushed slightly.

"Alex Gaskarth's party is tonight and there's no way mom and dad will let me go.." He said, his voice trailing off.

"You want me to cover for you." I stated, folding my arms. He nodded, blushing slightly. I sighed. "Fine. On one condition. Next time, I get to come, too." I said, smirking at him. He groaned.

"Fine. But next time, I don't know you," he said pointedly. I laughed.

"Please you'll probably be too busy making out with Alex to notice that I'm there," I said, rolling my eyes. He blushed, but didn't contradict me. "I've got you covered tonight, Jack. Now go see your boyfriend," I said teasingly, and he fairly ran out of the house.

"Kaitlyn, honey? Who's that?" My mom called from upstairs.

"That was just Jack! He's got a Chemistry project to work on and Rian just texted him saying he could come over!" I shouted, thinking up a lie on the spot. Mom and Dad liked Rian, so they probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

"Okay dear! Any idea when he'll be home? Your father and I need to get our sleep for work," she said worriedly. I smirked. This was almost too easy.

"It's fine, I'll wait up for him! No school tomorrow so it's no problem." I called.

"Thank you! Just make sure it stays quiet!" I decided not to offer up a response. Besides, she wanted it quiet. Around 4am, there was a soft knock at the door. I jumped up and opened it, letting in Rian and someone I didn't recognize, both of whom were supported my very drunk twin.

"When will he ever learn that he's a lightweight?" I mumbled, and they grinned.

"Just lay him on the couch for now." I said, stepping aside to let them over to the couch I'd recently left. The set him down lightly, and I quickly pulled out the aspirin from one of our cupboards.

"Crazy party, then?" I asked, offering them pills. Both accepted. Better to be safe than sorry.

"Did you guys drive here?" Neither answered. "Rian. Tell me." I said sternly.

"Okay, yes. We're not that drunk, though," he said quickly. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah. Right. I'll drive you guys home. I'm Kaitlyn, by the way," I told the one I didn't recognize.

"Zack," he said, looking at with big brown puppy eyes. I got lost for a moment, looking at him, then snapped myself back to reality. Now was not the time to be crushing on Jack's friends.

"Nice to meet you. Now, let's get you guys out of here before my parents wake up to three incredibly drunk guys in their house instead of just one." I said, turning them around and pushing them out the door, plucking the keys from Rian's hand and trying not to think about how muscular Zack was.

"But I wanna drive," Rian complained, pouting like a little kid.

"Yeah why can't we drive?" Zack asked, even as they both were struggling to stay awake, I could tell. I rolled my eyes.

"Because you'll kill someone trying." I said simply, driving to Rian's house first, as I knew where that was. He stumbled up to the door, somehow managing to make it inside without waking anyone up. Or, at least, no lights came on.

"Hey Zack," I said softly, to get his attention without startling him.

"Yeah Kaitlyn," He said, smiling goofily.

"I need you to tell me where you live," I explained slowly, so he would understand.

"Okay." After about ten minutes, I pulled up to a house not far from my own. "Walk me up?" He asked, smiling stupidly again. I just nodded, helping him up to his front door. Before he left, though, he snuck a burning kiss to my lips, making me blush and freeze, burning hot shivers running up and down my spine.

"Bye," I whispered, but he was already inside. I couldn't help but lightly touch my lips, smiling and blushing at the same time. I couldn't help it. Just being around him... And I barely even knew him! Now, though, I really wanted to get to know him better.

~~~~<<<<<(time jump)>>>>>~~~~

New Years Eve. That was the next party. Jack and I had put together our excuses to leave, and headed out to have the time of our lives.

The music was blaring and I'd had so many drinks shoved into my hands I couldn't tell you if I had plain water or straight vodka in my cup. The lighting was really bad as well, so bad, in fact, I doubt I would recognize my own brother, which is why I was hesitant to start dancing, even if he was probably locked away somewhere with Alex doing things I'd rather not think about.

I'd swear it had only been about an hour when people started counting down. We left the house at 9:30! It couldn't already be midnight!

"4...! 3...! 2...!" The crowd chanted. I felt someone grab my waist, turning me to face them, and kissing me slowly. "1! Woohoo!!!" I barely heard them, I was lost in sensation. After a long moment, we pulled apart, and I looked shyly into Zack's smiling eyes.

"Happy New Years, Kaitlyn."